Sunday, October 14, 2007

Where did that come from?!

The blond...

comes from Mom.
The curls...

come from Dad.

The ATTITUDE...

Mom: "Lucy, time to run to the bathroom!"
Lucy: "No! I doh'WANT to!!"

Dad: "Love, we need to put the caps on the markers after we're done coloring."
Lucy: "Ummm, NO."
Dad: "Absolutely, yes."
Lucy: "Absolutely, no."

Lucy(to mom, working at the desk): "NO, mom! That's MY chair!"

Lucy(to dad, singing a little song): "No, dad! Sing nicely!"

Mom: "Sweetheart, time to lay down for a rest."
Lucy: "Actually, NO."

????????????????????????????????????


17 comments:

suzy said...

Isn't that the truth!!! Seems like they wake up one day and let you know they've got their own opinions...so much fun! Can't believe how much Lucy looks like a girl version on baby Wes. And just for the record...I'm so good with two "Anna" little girls, as long as they aren't siblings, right?! So if we've already got one, go for it! :) Love you guys.

Abby said...

soo cute, lori! Love that lucy!

Unknown said...

love the baby pics, love the video, love the attitude (I vote it comes from the subliminal messages Ryan has been sending her through code-no way you produced that) and you thought they were just reading Green Eggs and Ham. Love you guys!

Mark and Maria said...

How fun to hear about sweet little Lucy with a little bit of an attitude! I know it's hard not to laugh when they (kids)think they are the boss of us (parents). Well, sometimes I feel like they are the boss, but I just try not to let them know it! :)
I sent you the cookie dough recipe on the Truman blog. It's definitely sugar cookie season!

Heather said...

I love it Lori. I am glad to hear that Madelyn and Spencer aren't the only ones who have discovered the "attitude" stage. Hopefully they will grow out of it.

We need to get together. When works for you and Wes? Let me know so we can plan something fun.

jeanine said...

So so cute! Loved the pictures and the video too! It's good of you to laugh at the attitude... sometimes with William I feel like I have a teenager already.

Mrs. Cropper said...

Lori, I had that exact haircut at that age! Man, those quotes kill me--especially words like "absolutely" and "actually."

heath said...

Lori! Hey! I love it! And those pictures of you and Wes . . . classic. I always thought Lucy was a mini Lori, but she looks a lot like Wes it turns out!

heath said...

And Amy, you must be right about the subliminal messages. That's hilarious!

Marie W said...

You and Wes were sure cute kids!!! No surprise that Lucy is such a looker. Spence was SO excited to see a video of that cutie. I'm so glad to know that other two-year-olds have these independent moments too. Today, Spencer phrased it well; "I'm just having a hard time, Mommy."

Grandma lu said...

Love that kitty foot cushion. Isn't it nice to have friends you can count on!

The video just made me smile, Grandpa says, "How can a child not do well with a mother who laughs with her like that!" I love the laughter as much as the "Mom!, Mom! Mom!" and such sweet pictures of Mom and Dad! Love you all!

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

I love it!! Those are great pictures!!

DeAnna Packer said...

The ATTITUDE comes from Grandpa Packer.....(cuz, I haven't lost mine :)

I agree with Lu, sometimes you simply have to laugh with 'em. Priceless! dwp

Emily Anne said...

That little voice? It's too sweet! One of the saddest things I can possibly imagine is that some day Henry is going to lose his impossibly adorable little toddler voice and vocabulary. I want to put that voice and those words in my pocket and save 'em forever.

SRas said...

I love it! And Amen to everyone else who already said it- Lucy is a girl version of little Wes!

Phoebe said...

We love when you have video clips! Her little voice just brings a huge smile!! She is so darling! Thanks for such great posts Lori!!

Vicky said...

So cute! I love her independence! Although I'm sure it's not always fun for you. Benjamin just decided that he won't eat anything that he can't put in his own mouth, so that means no more spoon-feeding, I guess. I have a feeling our kitchen floor is going to be pretty messy for a while while he figures out how to feed himself his own oatmeal...