


Lucy's First Ponytail...


Aunt Laurie/Aunt Maria's Sugar Cookies...recipe here


click here for some real domestic inspiration (and for the best oatmeal carmelitas recipe around. )
"GLOWING Lights!!" with Uncle Brent... Lights Before Christmas (Dec. 1-23, 2007, dusk-11pm) at Layton Commons Park (437 N. Wasatch Dr.). FABULOUS lights for little ones...small park, tons of lights, not many people. 
A twirling, whirling Christmas Dress...


And "a little baby Jesus..."
who remains, "Lord of all this revelling."Merry Week-before-Christmas!!
I posted the meatball recipe mentioned last week here, for those interested parties.


18 comments:
I love that you include Lucy in everything that you do. That requires a lot of patience which is something that I don't currently have but am working on it.
It seems like you had an eventful week. Glad to see that you are all doing well. Sad that we won't be able to see you before the holidays but perhaps after.
You have taken adorable pictures once again.
Oh cute. I love the Lucy-sized apron that you have in those pictures. I just love your little family.
Oh man, that ponytail and that little red dress are just too much. How is it possible that she just keeps getting cuter!
BTW, I need to see you guys before you leave. But let's face it--we're both probably too busy. Maybe I'll just have to content myself with after the break. Sad.
i LOVE the ponytail!! your posts are so fun to read.. that lucy is just too cute! i can't wait to see you guys this weekend and i was so glad to hear that things are going well with wes.. you guys are in our prayers always..
That curly ponytail could not be cuter. ;)
Heather - hey, I'm right there with you on the "working for patience" bit!! And we're looking forward to a gathering...whenever we manage to get it scheduled!!
Nicole - you should have seen the amount of flour on that apron post-baking =)
Heath - we'd love to see you guys too...?????????????????? I'll call you!
Rachel - So fun to get your Christmas card in the mail! Darling family pic! Can't wait to see you all in person! THANK you, as always, for the prayers!
Anne - thanks! You know that we're just doing everything we can to maintain Blaine's affection! ;)
Santa Baby! How sweet is that little Lucy! I love the Christmas dress and the cookies and the mom and dad that enjoy Lucy so much!
Can't wait to see you!
Your essay is amazing, Wes!
cute ponytail... cute dress... cute Lucy! I remember you making those gumdrop cookies for us one year. I need the recipe!
"LORD OF ALL THIS REVELLING"...was the zinger that went straight to 'my' heart and soul. We Love Him, we praise Him, We adore Him...hmmmmm. and in return, He fills our cup to overflowing.
ps... so I shouldn't be jealous at NOT reading the 'essay'???? :)
I love the ponytail! Isn't it kind of bittersweet though...at least for me...makes them look like such big girls! (Maybe just me since it's taken forever to get to the ponytail stage...:)
Can't imagine you every jealous, sweet Deanna! You share the best with everyone! And Lori is a treasure we are so glad you share!
Sometimes I think Wes likes to make his momma feel included, and I love that too.
Love to you, lu
Where does Uncle Brent live? I gotsta go see those lights in person!
I have been on a quest for a new good sugar cookie recipe. The last two I've done just haven't done it for me. Would you mind sharing yours??
I LOVE the pony tail! What a big milestone in a little girl's life! We've been meaning to call you guys all week. The last few nights it's been the last thing we've said to each other before we fall asleep, "We forgot to call the Trumans again didn't we?" Shoot. One of these nights we will be successful!
Lu - thanks for reading Wes's statement!! - it's all submitted now! We're just holding our breath and crossing our fingers.
And we can't wait to see you too! Lucy is thrilled beyond measure for "Christmas at Grandma Truman's house"
Jeanine - there's a photo of the recipe at the top of the post. It's slightly hard to read...but I think the essentials are discernable?? (I do alter it slightly: I use part butter (3/4 c) and part shortning (1/4 c), and slightly less of both sugars (3/4 c vs. 1 c). The coconut is key. And the cookies are best WARM...then the gumdrops melt in your mouth.
Mom - the "essay" in discussion is Wes's personal statement for his MPA application. I'll see if he'll let me e-mail it to you. He did a great job - you'd love it.
Suz - YES, totally bitter sweet. I nearly cried twice!
CJ - my bro lives about 1 1/2 hours to the north. If your up for roaming that far, I'll see if I can dig up an address for you (they were FABULOUS lights!!)
Brooke - You guys are so sweet to even THINK about calling! Thanks! The s. cookie recipe is great - I put a link to it on the post (after you click the link just scroll down through the comments, you'll see it!) Hope you guys are having a fun Christmas season - I bet it's hard to be far away!! Hope school is going well for Scott!
Hey, I would also love to know where you brother lives. He probably isn't too far from us up here. Let me know Madelyn would love to see some more lights.
The lights display is in Layton. I put the address on the post. It's a great display!!
Thanks for the address. That is a hop, jump, and skip away from us up here. Can't wait to go and see them, as long as it isn't freezing and a blizzard.
ok...Dear Lu.... I repent, and my green eyes have returned to whatever color they were before. You are a Dear. We are so happy to be 'nearly related' to the Truman Family in Las Vegas.
Post a Comment