Tuesday, January 22, 2008

January Fun, Part Two

Last Friday's January envelope read: "Go to Aunt Julie's house."
(And I'd give the same proscription to anyone suffering from a significant case of January greys).
"Go to Aunt Julie's house" doesn't mean go somewhere warm, but it does mean a lot of winter fun on the Mountain:





And it does mean a lot of furry show and tell (And you should hear Lucy continue to tell and tell and tell about Uncle Terry's pets...)




A trip to Aunt Julie's also means special treats...

s'mores cooked in the oven. Oh yes.

A trampoline (the love of Lucy's young life)...

Games, and an all around, general GOOD TIME!


Thanks Julie and Terry & Grandma and Gramps! We had SO MUCH FUN!

(I could include all kinds of details about the FABULOUS bed we slept in at J & T's house, about the utterly royal treatment and the delicious meals we were served, and about all of the spoiling Lucy received. But I don't want you to be too jealous =)

18 comments:

heath said...

Though it did look like you had a whole lot of fun, I don't think I'm too jealous. I had a pretty fantastic weekend myself! "She doesn't have any eyes." Oh my--is this little girl ever going to be not adorable?

Grandma lu said...

What fun! Fox and all! I tried skiing once, tried a pair on in the front yard of my apartment in Logan. Knew then it was not to be! I am such an athlete! I fell down. Never tried on a mountain side!

Glad you had such a good time. I love the videos!

jeanine said...

Looks like you had a blast! I've never been skiing... I'm a little afraid to try much to Rich's dismay.

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

Hooray for a fun weekend getaway!

Heather said...

You always seem to be up to something fun. I am a little jealous but must admit that my WEEK was pretty fun too.

We still need to get together!

Julie said...

You are too kind....we LOVED having you and you're welcome any time. It certainly brightened up our January. Nothing quite as bright as that little dimpled face. Love you and glad you're home safe. Today we had a raccoon in the neighbor's yard. Lucy would have loved that.

melissa @ 1lbr said...

So, is Aunt Julie accepting people who are not related at all to come to the Mountain? :)

DeAnna Packer said...

One more humerous part of the 'trip' to Magic Mountain and Aunt Julie and Uncle Terry's..... We we all riding along in the car, several of us dozing in silence as the winter wonderland whizzed by ... Then, all of a sudden in a very "out-door voice" Lucy shouts:
"WE'RE COMING!" for no reason at all......... What a hoot she is.

AND HEATHER---- I GUESS YOU HAD A GREAT, FANTASTIC WEEKEND!!! I am so happy I got to meet HIM!

Phoebe said...

looks like so much fun! I love Lucy's little voice! January is almost over?! loved your "January fun", can't wait until "February funs starts!!

Everyday Adventuress said...

Looks like you all had such a good time!

Rachel and Jared said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I'm going to Julie's house next time you go!

suzy said...

How fun!!! We didn't even see snow this season... :( Maybe next year. Love the video!

Allison Hollingsworth Deming said...

Ok the pets are a little creepy, but way, way cute kido...who seems to be having a blast. I have to admit, I am very jealous of her hair! So perfect... :) Hope you guys are doing well!

Allison :)

lori said...

Allison, it's been so fun to encounter your comments on the Fitz's and others' blogs. Thanks for leaving a trace here too =)
We hope you're doing well!!!! So fun to hear from you!

And Melissa, head to the mountain! It's a great time! =)

Unknown said...

Still planning on coming up...we'll call ya when we're on the road. can't wait :)

nateandrebecca said...

Looks like a lot of fun! It was a nice weekend for it too...although, I don't really know about the "pet" thing either...I have never really been a fan of that sort of thing anyway. Hope you are having a great week!

lori said...

=) I thought the "pets" would be slightly controversial!

Tricia said...

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment! It looks like you are having a great time (especially since tomorrow heralds the official last day of January). Keep up the stave-off-winter-blues stance. :)

Tricia