Happy Birthday to DeAnna Welling Packer
A beautiful bride.
With a renowned sense of humor and a heart of gold.After 6 births (including twins), 1 lost pregnancy, and the death of an 11-day-old-infant son, I think this darling mother could (justifiably) have called it quits in the baby arena. Indeed, I know that she did not plan to be 9 months pregnant at age 43...in the agonizing height of August heat...while hosting her oldest daughter's back-yard wedding reception.
BLESS HER HEART.
I thought I was a queen.
I now know that the queen is my mother
who, at seventy, is my sweet and wise mentor, my practically perfect exemplar, and my dear friend.
Happy Birthday, Mom.




22 comments:
Yeah for Moms! and Happy Birthday DeAnna. You have raised an amazing daughter who must take after you in everything that she does. Thanks for having her!
I love all of the pictures Lori. Thank you so much for sharing them with all of us.
You always know how to say the most perfect things... So sweet. I don't know your mom, but she must be amazing to have such a great daughter. -Megg
I am confused how you posted this post on Monday the 18th (When it's still Sunday the 17th) and already have 3...well now 4 comments, and how my recent post (probably just because I don't post enough) has no comments and I posted on Saturday. Ah well. Happy Birthday (mother Packard? right?) and to everyone else with February birthdays! I wasn't aware there were SOOOO many!
Happy Birthday, DeAnna! You are such a wonderful woman and we all agree to crown you queen! Thanks for having that last little princess! She is you!
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........
LORI!!!
Never for one minute have you been a "nuisance". Always a pure JOY....... that is until the posting of this blog! (Where and how did you get those pictures???)
My last little Angel(?) must have FORGOTTEN that I was 'skipping' this particular birthday.
Heather, Laura, Megg, (Roast?)and Lu ... You are most kind, and I thank you on tis 'Unbirthday' :)
True, Lori does have a bit of her mother in her, Her Daughter Lucy is also beginning to "have a mind of her own"....sometimes a bit contrary to what she has been told! I wish one and all a HAPPY PRESIDENT'S DAY.
Although Lu, I always did want to be QUEEN FOR A DAY.---for all you youngsters, that is an old TV show)
You are all wonderful--some of whom have 'a little twinkle' in your eyes. DeAnna Packer in person
Happy Birthday Mother Packer!
Lori, what a beautiful tribute to your mom. I loved the pictures! So fun!
Sorry-no "unbirthdays" allowed Mother Packer! Especially when you are so wonderful and have helped us in so many ways. You are a true mother and truly exemplary. I am in awe that I can know and be taught by people such as you, and your amazing daughter. Happy Happy Birthday!
Lori, I just LOVED this post! So sweet! What a wonderful and beautiful mom you have! I can see how you take after her.
Happy Birthday Sister Packer! The few times that I have been around you I have felt so welcomed and loved. Thank you for your example and for raising an amazing daughter that is an example to me as well. Have a great day!!! Maria
P.S. Those are great pictures!!!
what a beautiful tribute! it kept me guessing until the end. What a beautiful mom you have! Cherish her.
This is darling! God bless your mother for having you, what would the world be like without Lori? You are one of the most sweetest, kindest people I know. Happy Birthday DeAnna (what a fabulous name :)
Amen, amen. Happy birthday Mother Packer! So grateful for all the years that you let dozens of us crash at your home and brought us goodies and made jokes with us. Love you so much!
Now I know who Lucy looks like. She looks a lot like her sweet grandma!
I'm just lucky enough to have been "mothered" of sorts by this dear lady too! You're an example to us all of endless joy and cheefulness. I have so many dear memories growing up and spending much time in your home and with your family...what a blessing to have my life touched by you! Happy Birthday!
Oh, Mother Packer! Thanks for all of the patience in dealing with our chaos growing up. I want to be like you! Love you!
I must say, I am overwhelmed by your kind words... "President's Day", and my "Unbirthday" turned out to be delightful.
Could it be because of people like you? Yes indeed. Love you, Thank you....Tears of gratitude (they come with being the glorious age of SEVENTY). I shall try to wear the numbers bravely and with pride. You are the best, Mom Packer
Yay Mother Packer! Oh, I love this woman, who I gladly and gratefully call 'mom' along with my own lovely mother.
Happy Birthday to a truly fantastic woman.
Beautiful post, Lori.
This is beautiful. She is beautiful. You are beautiful, Lori. Love the vintage photos!
I love this post, older pics are great! You mentioned you liked mine...so here are some more horribly embarassing ones: http://ttu.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2144641&l=2faa7&id=16735060 those were from our wedding slideshow. Ryan and Amy have a copy, but if you would like one I could mail it to you were you to email me your address? (arh28@byu.net) :) And if you want to see the wedding pics let me know, they are all online too....
THose are amazing and priceless pictures! i wish I had access to those types of pictures for my mom! What a great family history tool!
Oh Lori, those pictures are to die for. I have only had 1 or 2 conversations with your mother, but I can say for sure that she is a gem. I remember that she watched Blaine for me when he wasn't very old. (Can't even remember the circumstances?) And she was so darling with him.
Post a Comment