Saturday, October 11, 2008

True Blue

It snowed (!) here in Cougar Town today.
But that didn't keep these BYU fans from enjoying a few Homecoming festivities...


We had fun watching the parade and diving for Laffy-Taffy.

We splurged for lunch at Legend's Grille. Lucy loves Legend's Grille.



All morning we searched for "Y"s and sang the fight song. It may have been a bit over the top, but we have a new little cougar in the making...

Gotta start things off on the right foot!

We made caramel popcorn and watched the football game at home. We smiled as Lucy repeatedly rejoiced, "This is such a party!!"
And such a party it was.
Wes even found Lucy a little blue and white football to toss around. She, naturally, was thrilled, and after a few throws she inquired enthusiastically, "Dad, are we good cougars??"
Her question sunk into my soul just a bit.

Enter to Learn, Go Forth to Serve
I sure hope we are and always will be good cougars! One thing is certain, at least: after ten years (!!) of studying and working at BYU, no place feels more like home than this truly inspiring university.

11 comments:

Mark and Maria said...

Go Cougars! We feel the love! :)

jeanine said...

Go cougars! BYU feels like home to me. One of these days I need to get myself back there... William is always wanting to go to BYU. We'll have to make that wish a reality (and let him play with Lucy too)

Elise said...

I agree...BYU is like a second home and I miss it. And...your kids are too cute. We hope we have a curly headed, blonde cutie just like your Lucy! Your blogs make us smile! ;)

Julie said...

The photo made me homesick. My classes made teams today and had to choose a mascot. My example was the Cougars of BYU. I ended up with team mascots like...."The Little Tadpoles" and "Rain"....I tried. They all had good reasons for their mascots...haha.... We are missing football, the world series, the Jazz and mostly you guys. I guess camel riding will have to keep us busy for a while.

heath said...

Sad I missed the parade--you absolutely know I would have gotten my hands on as much Laffy Taffy as possible! Love all your blue outfits--especially with the stripes.

nateandrebecca said...

I never did go to any of the homecoming festivities while I was there, but it looks like fun. We watched the second half of the game here on the apartment lounge TV (sometimes I think we are the only ones who ever use it, but then I guess most people actually have their own TV).

Heather said...

Has it really been 10 years!!! Glad to see that you enjoyed the festivities of Homecoming week. I remember those days. We unfortunately didn't get to watch the game but listened to it on the radio.

DeAnna Packer said...

Rah, Rah, rah-rah-rah
Rah, Rah, rah-rah-rah
Rah, Rah, rah-rah-rah
Goooooooooooo Cougars!!!!!
We just LOVE these parties!

(and I always love the: "Enter to Learn--Go forth to Serve") hmmmGood

. said...

you have 2 cute little zoobies! Ezra's middle name is Cougar, but not after Cosmo the Cougar (Scott thinks this would be hilarious) but after the fact that he was so active and fiesty in utero. So we named him after an animal! (are we redneck parents or what?) We hope our "Cougar" is also a cougar in the making. BYU is a great school and we would love our kids to go there too.

Grandma lu said...

Hi all you cougars!!!
We can't wait to see you!
You are true blue and you are the perfect examples of BYU's motto!

Love, gramma lu

Unknown said...

as always you have written the most beautiful and inspiring post over something so simple. love you guys.