It's her birthday.
A few months ago, she cleaned out her closet and gave me these. I think they're darling. And they remind me of her. And let's be honest: wearing them is the only way to ever fill her shoes.
Almost daily I evaluate my own mothering based on whether or not I did what Mom would have done. Those daily evaluations indicate that I have a long way to go.
But sometimes, every once in a while, I hear her words coming out of my mouth. Every time I sing, "It's so nice to get up in the mornin' when the sun begins to shine," or say, "whining will not get you very far with me," I think of her. And I'm trying hard not to neglect Mom's most used phrases: "The gospel's true!" and "I love you!"
*tears*
Ahem.
Ahem.
"The gospel's true and I love you!"
It's more than our family motto. It' s my mother's legacy. Teaching truth and showing love.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND WE HAVE THE SAM CKURLY HAIR AND I LOVE GRANDMO
LOVE
LUCY
(Love, All of us)


10 comments:
She IS lovely. You have such a wonderful mother. I often do the same thing of comparing my mothering to that of my own mother... I have much to work on.
Happy Birthday Sis. Packer!
ps. I love those shoes!
Your mom is a such a beautiful woman--Everytime I'm with her she makes me feel like I am so important. Happy Birthday Sister Packer!
And by the way, I can't wait to use that line "whining won't get you very far with me!" yay!! (I like the other lines in there too--such great ideas!)
The Gospel is True and I love you and I wish I had ckurly hair like you too! Happy Birthday and thank you for being the best grandma in the world!
Love, grandma lu
I love your mom so much. She's been mom to so many more than just the Packer clan, including a very grateful me. Love you, Mother Packer!
What? Where did this year go? I am still basking in the greatness of last year's birthday tribute to Mother Packer. Happy Birthday! The other day I put a bib on Rachel and told her, "This is from our friend, Gma Packer. She loves you." And we love you too!
I agree-great shoes!
I thought I'd just check the mail before retiring.... and what do I find..... Tender Mercies on the net from people I love and admire. My heart is full. Thank you my Dear Ones. Truly, my cup runneth o'er.
(I'm going to have to try harder to be better because of you!!!)
That's Great! Happy B-day! And Lucy is becoming quite the typist!
Yes, Mother Packer is one of the loveliest women I know. I too often wish I could be more like her. I can't imagine what my highschool years would have been like without her--chatting with us, bringing us snacks, asking us, "What are the girls up to" with that never-ending smile on her face and twinkle in her eye, etc. Love you so much!
the shoes are lovely.
and your mother? just add her to the list of your kin that i adore without actually knowing.
Your mother is darling You look like her! And I love those shoes. I hope you wear them. So cute.
Post a Comment