You'll have to take my word for it: Whitney was stunning.
And the party was fun.
When we were getting reading for church this morning, Lucy said to me: "Do you remember the ball last night?" Yes, little princess, I remember the ball. (Before the wedding, as I was getting Lucy and her scads of sparkly skirt clipped into a car seat, Wes climbed in the driver's seat and started the car to get the heat cranking. Thinking he was going to drive away before she and I were buckled up, Lucy cried out immediately: "Dad! The princesses are not locked down!").
We loved being with our family. Highlights for me were seeing my sis looking so beautiful, seeing my niece and her chosen beau looking so happy, seeing family and friends we don't see very often (Terry's girls!) and seeing Ben (my 10 year old nephew) invite Lucy to dance just before the party wound to a close.
I sure love all these folks:





And I'm sure convinced that FAMILY is an irreplaceable piece of God's plan for our happiness.
Congrats, Whit and Z!


6 comments:
I'll take your word for it that the bride was beautiful, but look at that cake!! That is just spectacular! And I love the picture next to it of Lucy admiring herself in the mirror. And I love that your nephew asked Lucy to dance - I can only imagine how fun that must have been for her.
Bummer about the camera batteries. You'll have to post some pictures of the bride down the road--I'm sure someone in your family would be willing to share. Glad it was such a nice event. Congrats to Whitney!
so fun! love that cake!
Looks beautiful! Sorry about the camera battery...I hate it when that happens. Guess that is why an extra camera battery is always one of the first extra accessories I get for new cameras. Even so, that is not always fail proof.
Oh Lori I love Lucy's comment. I can't wait to get some pictures posted. I don't have any on my camera either because I was a little busy....haha....but, thanks for the "stunning" comment. I thought so myself, but I'm her mom you know. I'm glad everyone seemed to have fun. The little people dancing was the best and Whit and Z dancing at the end was so great. Thanks to all the family for making the day so special. Families are the greatest.
Yes... please get pictures of the beautiful bride to post! Looks like it turned out to be a fantastic night!
Post a Comment