BAD idea.
I realized my mistake ten minutes into the hair cut when my stylist's instructor came up behind us and said, "No! We start A-lines in the back!"
I tried to offer smiles and forgiveness while my embarrassed student-stylist tried to correct her mistake.
At home, I cried while Wes offered really reassuring comments like, "It looks pretty good!" and "It's not too bad!" I told Lucy I was having a terrible horrible no good very bad day and that she'd have to go to the wedding and give the toast. I was moving to Australia.
Turned out Australia was out of the question and before I knew it I was sitting on the front row of a Bountiful Temple sealing room. And you know what? Time in the temple works wonders on a bad hair day. I hardly even remembered my horrible hair by the time the sealing was finished. My eyes were full of happy tears. My heart was full of true joy.
I think I even smiled at myself in the mirror later that afternoon.
Because what is more beautiful than this?
Nothing.
Bad hair or no, it was one of the all time HAPPIEST DAYS OF MY LIFE.








11 comments:
What??? No picture to prove you wrong? You can't mess your hair up...it's so dreamy all thick and silky like! I don't feel sorry for you cause I'd take your bad hair any day! :)
Thanks for posting wedding pictures! Michelle looks absolutely stunning, as usual. I so wish I could have been there, too.
Also, bad haircuts are the pits. At least there's comfort in knowing it will grow.
Oh how I wish I could have been there! Michelle looks beautiful! (And I'm jealous of all the friends that WERE there... it's way too long since I've seen all of you!)
Am I wrong or is that a picture of you signing the guest book? If it is, I think you look great! In any case, bad haircuts totally stink and I've had my fair share, at the academies AND the fancy schmancy salons. Seems $40 doesn't guarantee anything.
I have to tell ALL.... Lori's hair looked beautiful (just not up to HER expectations.) Her wedding toast was perfectly delightful... glad she changed her 'Australia' plans...
AND... the bride and groom were so handsome. Like a fairy tale, only BETTER.
Well the one little picture of you looks great. So I guess they cleaned it up best you could. You always look great!
I'm just glad there in an ounce of vanity in you, you effortlessly beautiful girl! Love you! And I just admired the new hair cut when I saw it! Although there are days Austrialia seems like a good option good or bad hair day!
ps. I love your reference to Alexander and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day... it's one of my favorites.
Ha! That's great! No one has ever said that when I was getting a haircut - but then, I have the option of just saying, "Cut it all off."
I loved seeing these pictures of all of you! So fun! Michelle looked GORGEOUS and I love her yellow shoes!!!
Wow!!! Michelle is absolutely stunning!! There really isn't anything better than a moment in the temple.
P.S--I thought your hair looked really cute in your b-day picture! It was the first thing I noticed (before even reading this post).
Post a Comment