Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Wes is Going to Kill Me

 


It was like pulling teeth to persuade him (after four years of marriage) that he could wear a shirt with a faint pink stripe.  And now look what I'm doing to his son. 


In my defense, I should indicate that I'm not exactly the one to blame.

All I said was, "Go get in your jammies!" 
Ten minutes later, there they were:  Pinkalicious!

Lucy #1 and Lucy #2 were their chosen pseudonyms for the duration of our scripture reading.  


To his credit, Spencer is mighty patient with his big sister and his mom. 

And the pink is only skin deep.  BOY always comes through in the end. 


To her credit, Lucy is quite a master of costume design. 


 

  

(Did I ever show you Spencer as Santa?)




(Why don't I have a picture of when my mom and dad were Santa and Mrs. Claus for Christmas Dance my senior year of HS???!  I need to find that!)


Smile.

There is so much that I haven't written about.  Both trivial and important things.  For some reason I haven't felt compelled to get it all recorded like I usually do.  My journal has been blank for weeks.  Which makes me worried about myself just a little.  For the last couple of months, the things I know will make me feel better (writing...exercising...organizing...to name a few) are the last things (in the world) I've felt like doing.  And it's been a little deeper than the usual laziness.  Not depression.  I've felt joy and peace and reassurance and support.  I'm just perpetually in s l o w m o t i o n.  Going to the grocery store takes about all the gumption I can muster.  

But after being inspired to tears on Sunday morning by the MoTab's performance of John William's "Call of the Champions,"  Lucy and I came home from church and had an all out "planning meeting" (as Wes always called our little Sunday planning sessions).  It felt really good to start the week with a fresh set of (*small*) goals (written with crayon and magneted to the fridge). 

We'll see how the rest of the week goes.  Hopefully the motivation will last long enough to put a dent in the digital pile of pictures and the steep of thoughts I need to somehow get down on "paper." 

18 comments:

Brandon and Lacey said...

Loved seeing these pictures, Lori. Lucy is such a great beacon of light, you can see it in her face. It was so great to see you last week. Thank you for letting me visit you and these precious little ones. And please thank Lucy again for the Rapunzel picture. I'll cherish it forever. :) I hope your week goes well and that you are able to accomplish what you set out to do.

Deanna said...

Ha! I love this. I can totally relate to feeling zero motivation to do anything lately. Good luck this week!

jeanine said...

Oh goodness! I love it! And Spencer as Santa? How incredibly cute is that?! (I hope you find a picture of your parents as Mr and Mrs Claus because I can already see it in my mind... perfect!)

And I can relate to the 0 motivation. I'm hoping to get some soon!

yutzyjbear said...

What an awesome little Santa! All that pink and red seems like a great way to end the month earmarked for LOVE. :) Keep up the crayola to-do lists... the rest of us aren't moving at a pace that's any faster! Much love from Vegas! :)

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Love the pinkalicious :) Real men wear pink (though, I've never convinced my husband of that). And that santa was so fun!

jeanine said...

ps. Once again this post confirms that our kids would get along great... my boys are always dressing up in costumes.

Vicky said...

I suspect that Spencer is the one who will want to kill you for that in a few (12 or so) years. :) I can also relate to the slow-motion feelings. For me it has been hard to get going for a while, and I blame the cold. I don't want to do anything if it's cold! Today I'm mustering up the courage to do some weeding out back so we can get some flowers in the ground. A worthy goal, right? So good luck with your own goals this week. I'm so glad you have such a great helper in Lucy.

Unknown said...

this post makes me so happy! I love little Lucy, and I can't believe how big she (and Spencer!) are getting. Love you!

Ryan said...

I can't imagine a better Santa and Mrs. Claus than your parents. Just fits them in every way.

heath said...

No denying that Spencer is very much little boy. Love those pictures--and so glad you posted the Santa ones! And I think grocery shopping is one of the hardest things to be motivated to do, so kudos to you for that!

nateandrebecca said...

I agree with Ryan that your parents would make a great Mr. & Mrs. Santa Claus. And these are some fun pictures too! Good luck "getting motivated." Some things are a lot harder to be motivated for than others...

Amy said...

I am DYING over spencers curls. Your kids are beautiful Lori!!

Rosalee said...

Lori, do you use Blurb to publish your blogs? Can you email me at rosalee(dot)dougal(at)gmail Thanks!

Laura said...

Oh dear! There are actually some books called pinkalicious, I think! I'll find one for you guys! :) You've got to be one of my favorite families...you'll get that list "dented!" You can do it!!! And, if you want, I can help! I'd love to finish off your list for you!!!

jpm1 said...

Uncle "Roy" might not allow little "Roy" to accompany him hawking after that...hahaha.... I won't show him the pictures. Love all the costumes.

DeAnna Packer said...

Call of the Champions...(I have to admit, that music always stirs my soul.) You, Lori Truman, ARE a Champion in my book. (You have always been on the "nice" list when Santa was checking!! As for our 'Pinky' and '.....Boy', too cute for words!

Maile said...

I was just recently looking through my scrapbooks and found a page of my older two dressed up in one another's clothes. Asher was going along with being dressed up in a glittery dress, crown, and high heels for a while but then he started running around like the boy that he is. Kaia yelled after him, "Stop, Ash! You're not going to be delicate anymore!"

Kate said...

I love your writing and just everything about you. Hang in there. You are such an amazing mom doing an amazing job. I find myself thinking about you often.

And going to the grocery store is pretty much the worst chore on my list, next to cleaning the shower. So don't feel bad about not having the gumption to go!

If you're ever in the mood to get outta the house and come play at our house for the day we'd (i'd) pretty much love it! When it's warm the kids can play in the circle... please come?