Last year, the Easter bunny didn't bring baskets. We didn't even go to church. The evening before Easter Sunday there was an ambulance outside our house and by Sunday night there was a hospital bed and a hospice nurse in Wes's room.
I've never had such a critical Easter as that one - such a completely raw, completely humbling celebration of my favorite holiday.
Except maybe this one.
As I've thought about Easter this year, as my heart has anticipated and celebrated with an unspeakable depth of gratitude, Elder Groberg's beautiful words have sounded over and over in my mind:
"There is a connection between heaven and earth. Finding that connection [makes everything meaningful], including death. Missing it makes everything meaningless, including life."
If it's possible to somehow testify in a blog post - then I want to testify that the link between heaven and earth - the connection that brings meaning, hope, peace and promise to life and death - is Jesus Christ.
I wish you could hear my little Spencer Dee recite Job's beautiful testimony - the testimony that Wes and I and so many of you share: "For I know that my redeemer liveth and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth."
Friends, I have never felt such joy in that sure knowledge.
God be thanked for the matchless gift of His divine Son.


19 comments:
Thank you for this beautiful testimony Lori! I just knew that I would find a beautiful, comforting Easter message on your blog this morning. Love you!
Thank you for sharing your beautiful testimony, Lori. I'm so glad I opened this up this morning. You are so wonderful.
Happy Easter! What a wonderful post. Thank you for sharing.
Lori, I'm sure that must have been a terrifying Easter for your family last year. I hope this one has been more peaceful. It is such a blessing knowing that through Christ we may all live again. Thank you for your beautiful post. Happy Easter dear friend!
Thank you sis. Needed that today and how did I know your inspired thoughts would provide the peace I was needing.... because I know you and love you and am so grateful for your never failing example and testimony.
Thanks, Lori. I loved that.
What a beautiful testimony you have, friend. Thank you so much for sharing.
Happy Easter to you, Lucy, and Spencer!
Thinking such good thoughts about your dear friends who came to help Wes last Easter. Such an outpouring of love and kindness. The charity that never faileth. Never to be forgotten. How we treasure the Easter promise. Love you all.
Thinking of Wes and you all day. Am so thankful for the Easter promise. Love you and glad to hear from you.
Lori, your testimony is beautiful. Thank you for sharing. Happy Easter.
Happy Easter! This is a great post. As I have pondered the atonement and resurrection today, I find I keep thinking of Wes, and you. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and testimony. Love you.
Oh Lori!
Resurrection was so much more of an abstract concept for me in the past. Now, this Easter, as I thought of you and your family, I felt so much peace, joy, and gratitude for the wonderful blessing of our Savior. I am so sorry that your family is separated for a season, but your continual hopeful outlook on life blesses and enriches me so much, even from afar. I love you, and I hope that you can continue to find the peace and the strength that you need. Thank you.
Thank you Lori! Love ya!
Beautiful testimony, Lori. Thank you so much for your example! Your pictures testify of your love for your family just as your words do of your love for the Savior.
Hope...Peace...Charity and YOU!
I too recall last year. You in Provo with your Dear Truman Family and 'friends', getting Wes 'situated'... Us, with the children hunting eggs in Kaysville with smiles on our faces, and pain in our hearts. May we ever wear out our knees while reaching heavenward knowing of the reassurance of a restitution of ALL things. SPRING helps...(a little)
Dear Lori, your words are beautiful and true. Thank you so much for sharing them!
Thought about you all weekend. Feel similarly to Nicole...Easter had special meaning for me this year.
Love you.
Lori, thank you for everything you write on this blog.
I just lost my mother on April 2nd and this Easter has been hard and beautiful and meaningful. Now that the memorial is over and we are all returning to "normal life" I have felt a sadness and emptiness at times.
That quote by Elder Groberg is just exactly what I needed to read right this moment. Thank you.
Post a Comment