Thursday, September 27, 2012

Stonehenge...

 
 
...(from the car, through the rain), was super impressive.  Can I admit that this was one site I hadn't been overly psyched about seeing?  Only because the image was already so familiar.  But it really took my breath to turn the corner and see it looming...so much larger and...realer...than a photo can capture. 

We also walked through...that other ancient stone site (help me out, Maddy!  I know you wrote every detail in your journal like I should have!).  I'm glad Sandy took pictures in the rain! 



 
Because I only braved two hasty cell phone shots =)
 

The rain was fun!!

3 comments:

heath said...

I felt the same about Stonehenge. I thought it was overhyped and something to check off my list; but once you see it come into view your eyes widen and your jaw drops a little. I love that it's really out in the middle of nothing too, not on some busy crossroads. Pretty cool place.

katrynka said...

Did you find the name of the place? I love the photo with the houses in the background!

lori said...

Katrynka, yes! it was called avebury and it was beautiful! http://www.stonepages.com/england/avebury.html