Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Rain or Shine

 
Disneyland is a good time!


 
 
 
Our perfect morning with Minnie and Mickey??????

 
 
 
A maz ing. 
 


*love Spud's sheepish smile after just being kissed by a celebrity :)*
 
 
*ever consulting the map*

*enjoying the ducks*
 
*have i mentioned that i l o v e Disneyland?!"
 
We got in a few favorite rides...
 
 


 
 
...before the rain!!  We stayed warm (jammies under our clothes! and hats and gloves thanks to Aunt Maria!) if not exactly dry.  These kiddos were troopers! 

 
 
The sun played hide and seek the rest of the day...
 


...and we had the best time!

 
 
Tomorrowland was a favorite venue this year. First time on Space Mountain for my kids!  Lucy's favorite ride of the day!
 


Even Spencer was brave and rode twice! 



 

But the rockets were his favorite (and will be, I think, for a few years yet. =) 

Adventureland was a hit as usual. (Kate loved the jungle cruise!!)

 

 
Then we cozied up at the Golden Horseshoe for a snack, and a show,


and a nap,


...and then we were ready to go again!
 

*love these silly, sweet girls*
 

 

I've never been able to decide which time of day I like best at Disneyland: early morning or evening...
 



...jury's still out on that one.
 

 
Either way, our Disney-night was awesome...
 

*Toon Town...Fantasyland...a last late trek to fit in Pooh Bear and the Haunted House*


...clear to its tired, wet, happy end!

 
Back at the hotel, I made the mistake of telling Lucy to take off her wet shoes and put her feet in the bathtub with her cousins. 


But cold feet into hot water is not a good idea, so I took her sweet self (squealing with discomfort) back to our own room to recover.  We opened the door just in time to see the Disneyland fireworks from our balcony window.  "If my feet didn't hurt, we wouldn't have seen these!"  Lucy noted after a few happy minutes of watching together. 

And then: quesadillas and a few minutes of Disney Junior,


before crashing.


The next morning we played hotel hide and seek,




 and watched tv,


while the other adults packed up the cars, only to discover that the back seats had been stolen!  Seriously?!! 

But we ended the trip on the happy note of seeing Grandma and Grandpa Truman (newly arrived in CA for their mission assignment) at the park!


And the kids and I got a few extra minutes of cousin fun at Zach and Sandy's before heading to the airport!


Best trip!!!!!!!
 




4 comments:

Vicky said...

Stolen back seats?? What? That's crazy!

heath said...

That picture of those boys hugging Mickey Mouse is one of the best Disney pictures I've ever seen. What a fun time.

jeanine said...

Oh Disneyland is such a magical place! Looks like it didn't disappoint.

DeAnna Packer said...

I am sooooooo grateful you have such a Wonderful Truman Family we all love so dearly!!