We're slowly adjusting to our new school routines, and life is feeling more manageable. But. Weekday routines and all related feelings aside. Yesterday was the first day of fall break.
Lucy was up first, and I found her at the window.
Patiently watching for Moroni.
Spencer joined us presently, and, after about an hour, we spotted him.
We weren't sure what time he'd fly, so as crowds of people slowly accumulated on all our neighboring streets, we puttered around our kitchen, cleaning up (for the first time in weeks), making pancakes, and peeling peaches.
I wept profoundly as the MoTab sang from my iPod,
I Believe in Christ, He stands supreme
From Him I'll gain my fondest dream
And while I strive through grief and pain
His voice is heard, Ye shall obtain
I Believe in Christ, so come what may
With Him I'll stand in that great day
When on the earth he comes again
To rule among the sons of men
A few minutes later, Spencer and Lucy had a row in the basement and there was all the usual commotion, including prolonged screaming, stamping of feet, and toys being thrown around the room. But I didn't holler down at them like I usually do. I just sat upstairs and waited for the screaming to melt into tears and for the culprit to come up seeking a snuggle. He finally did. And after listening to Spencer's tale, and dying his wet eyes and sniffs, my heart smiled when he asked me, "Mom, can we start all over?" I nodded solemnly. Yes, son, we can start over. We can try again. We can change and improve. We can apologize and repent. We can be redeemed, saved, even exalted.
A few minutes later we stepped out into the crisp, damp morning, to greet our neighbors from near and far, and to be ready when the moment came.


It was truly spectacular.


A day to be remembered.
Rain and all.
**Much love to my sweet dad who came later in the afternoon and changed my car battery in the wet and cold.





















14 comments:
I snagged the picture of Maia from you, if that's okay? :)
LOVE the pictures you take! And the memories they will remind us of for a while to come! Thank you! I am so glad you got that new battery! Whew!
What a memorable day! What a blessing for your children to watch a temple being built!
Oh thank you! It is beautiful! Love the wonderful photos almost as much as your words. And love that dad of yours who comes to help! Like your sweet momma would say: "There's a lesson in that."
Can't wait to tell our Payson missionaries Moroni has arrived!
When I heard it had gone up this week, I wondered if you'd been able to watch (but guessed you hadn't because of school). But what a perfect day for Fall break to start. Perfect timing. Love these pictures and the corresponding emotions they portray.
Wow!! I love this! Lori, you are an inspiration! What a wonderful memory for your kids, and it all happened in your own back yard!! And your pictures (and words) are beautiful! Love you!
So inspring and beautiful Lori!
To have such an ensign in the back yard....gives us all joyous happiness!
We love the angels above, inside, outside, and beyond the veil....It is good to be surrounded.
Love you dearly...
That would have been so cool to watch; I am so glad you guys were able to! What perfect timing for you to see it!
I just love you. andI'm totally jealous cause that must have been awesome :-)
I have fallen off the blog wagon since reader is gone. I love these updates. Of course, I always love your writing. I feel as if I were almost there- you did such a wonderful job detailing the pictures and events. So glad y'all were able to see it! And, you are just so beautiful inside and out. Love you in yellow!
Wow! And you got to watch all of this from your own back yard! What a great view to have from your very own window!
What a great view for a fantastic family!
I also love those verses of song and think of them with great reverence. No matter the trial we can believe in Christ and His healing power!
PS-Thanks for writing about your children fighting. For the last few months we have experienced WAY TOO many fights between our oldest two. It drives us crazy and we don't know what to do. It is good to hear that it is "normal" although we will continue to try to convert them to love and kindness toward each other (as I am sure you try to do too).
What a stunning view you have from your cozy home!! Thanks for sharing that monumental moment with us all:) I always feel refocused on the Savior and things of eternity after i read your posts--thank you sweet Lori for pointing us all to Him who is mighty to save and heal:) LOVED the pictures!!! xoxoxo
Post a Comment