Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Easter Eve

A busy, beautiful day...


beginning with a birthday celebration for one of our favorites, and continuing with some much needed spring cleaning.  

(he loves to dust the plants)


Then...


eggs.





I had other Easter-ish plans post egg coloring, but when my little rabbits headed outside and spontaneously began to weed the garden, I bit my lip.  Other plans could wait.  We worked so happily together through that warm, beautiful evening.  



I don't expect their enthusiasm for yard work to endure through the summer.  But a mother can hope!!  



"It's so fun to be in the lamplight!"  Lucy said enthusiastically as dusk settled in.


I loved watching her do absolutely fluid somersaults around the perimeter of the lawn.  Later she moved to cartwheels and, finding that skill a little rusty since last summer, declared (sounding so much like her dad that it made my heart swell), "I'm going to do ten cartwheels every day."  And, of course, she's been true to her word, barring the periodic rain.

When it got really dark, the kids taught me how to play "ding dong" on the play ground.  I'm not sure if it was my laughter or my breathlessness that inspired Lucy to ask me fervently (after about twenty rounds of the fast, up-the-slide-down-the-slide-through-the-swings, process), "Mom, don't you just need this?!"

Yes.
I did.
And I do.
I'm so grateful to have these two.



2 comments:

Megan said...

I love this. "Don't you just need this?" Yes, yes I do. :) Thank you for sharing your family and your beautiful memories.

Grandma lu said...

We all need this! Did I tell you how much I love your fireplace and the Nauvoo map?