The kids looked so cute headed off to first and fifth grades. I, on the other hand, was in pjs with a messy ponytail. No kindergarten class to gear up for this year! It felt so strange to just drop Lucy and Spencer off at school and drive away. But I didn't cry! I was too giddy about having time to clean and go grocery shopping and get dinner in the crockpot. I had told Lucy and Spencer the night before, "Guys! I'm going to have enough time and energy tomorrow that we can have a little back-to-school celebration when you get home!" Lucy's face lit right up, but Spencer didn't miss a beat, "How about we just get a pet?"
Sorry Spud. I didn't have that much time and energy. Just enough to brainstorm a back-to-school theme for the year...
...and to buy ingredients for homemade ice cream ;)
It wasn't a pet.
But it was fun!
Grandpa came and gave us each a back-to-school blessing.
And so far, our scripture theme has been so rewarding.
I love the Savior's promise, "Learn of me and listen to my words, walk in the meekness of my Spirit and you shall have peace in me." D&C 19:23
That promise has been a reality in my life. And I pray that it will be in my children's lives as well!


3 comments:
You are amazing Lori! What a wonderful mother you are! (And I don't know how anyone has enough time or energy for a pet! Maybe one day!)
Lol. Pets are definitely a lot of time and energy...but Spencer, you are at least welcome to enjoy our pets any time you visit us!
Yea! I love your back-to-school theme... perfect.
Post a Comment