Tuesday, June 26, 2007

We're A Happy Family...

DAY TWO...

Ever been to "This Is the Place" Heritage State Park??
You should go.

It is FABULOUS. I never knew there was so much to do/see there - our 6 hour experience only scratched the surface.


Lucy loved the volunteers in their authentic pioneer clothing. As we left the Pine Valley Chapel (replica of) Lucy called out to our tour guide, "Bye Pioneer! Bye!"

We had all kinds of play-housing, stick-pulling, bread-kneading fun!!



For the record, a few things I love about this Truman family that I married into...

They are totally classy. Check out our "2007 Truman Family Reunion" Tee's...


They are "let's help eachother out" type of people. For the last two days I have loved watching so many moms and dads taking care of their own kids and whoever elses kids happened to be within their line of sight - love that.

They care a lot about other people's (my) feelings. They're truly kind as well as completey fun.

And that just scratches the surface.


3 comments:

jeanine said...

How fun! My family went to the "This is the Place" Heritage State Park back forever ago. I was 13 or 14. It was lots of fun! I'm glad that you are having lots of fun!

Mrs. Cropper said...

The little gals' tees are especially cute! So much darn fun you are having!!

Rachel said...

hey trumans.. i'm glad your having fun on your vacation!! you guys all look so cute in your mathcing shirts! way to go lori for updating each day! Have fun everyone..
Love, (cousin)Rach