I was kinda hoping for a cute little witch or a cuddly little mouse or something. But "Super Why!" is Lucy's favorite show ever. What can a mom do? 
"Do you see some super letters??!"
I expect only fellow, avid Super Why watchers (Jeanine and William! Nice!) will appreciate Lucy's "Miss Muffet" comment.
Suffice it to say, she was totally in character.
And I ALMOST FORGOT to publicly mourn the fact that NO store I could find sold Halloween oreos this Halloween. Those of you who know me will know how broken hearted I was as a result. But...Anne, to the rescue!
Halloween oreos never tasted so good! Good thing for good friends!




9 comments:
I love love that Lucy was a Super Reader. What a great idea! She is so cute. I don't know if Lucy does this (I'm sure she does) but I'll catch William saying things like "Why-writer highlight!" or "Alpa Pig to the rescue!" And he loves Alpha Pigs version of the ABC song much more than the regular.
Love it! And we know love Super Readers! (Funny show, eh?)
Wow, she certainly is walking the walk (or at least it appears from the pictures). That girl has got some major confidence. I love it!
So fun! Unfortunately here in the foreign country of Michigan, we can't get a signal for a PBS station-- yet we get the CBC (Canadian Broadcast Chanel) just fine. So odd. But because of that we have never seen this new show, but it sounds like it would be right up Linc's alley! And Lori, I had a little heart pang of missing you when I saw the Halloween oreos! I'm so glad that Anne took care of you!
Jeanine - YES! Lucy quote just like that "Which word is 'zoo.' It has a 's' in it (she obviously isn't a SUPER, super reader yet :) Let's zap it into the sentence!" Love it!
Brooke - no PBS, eh?! Bummer! But, I DID think of you friends this past week at my sister's house while watching the Backyardiggins on her cable stations =) Super fun!
So glad you are back home and bloggin! I am sure Lucy is missing her cousins and they are missing her. Loved the Halloween story!
I love that she was a super reader for Halloween. That is Madelyn's and Spencer's favorite show also. What would we do without free tv. Super Why! is the only show that Spencer will actually sit and watch for the whole duration!
are you kidding about the oreos? I don't usually buy them, but I think of you everytime I see them in the stores...that and the springtime ones...remember when those came out? :)
Heather - yea for Super Why! I'm glad your kids are fans too!
Amy - awful about the oreos, huh?!?! And yes, I remember the spring ones. Sring oreos = fun, but live-with-out-able. Halloween oreos???? A TRAGIC loss. Practically ruined my holiday. Halloween oreos WAY surpass all other oreos in fun-ness!
Post a Comment