Don't have many words.
Just feelings. Memories. Convictions. Gratitude.
A mournful celebration.
I've been reflecting on a description Howard W. Hunter once gave of the men we sustain as special witnesses of the Savior.
"[They] have been given the awesome assignment to administer the affairs of [Christ's] church and kingdom and to minister to his daughters and his sons wherever they are on the face of the earth. By reason of [their] call to testify, govern and minister, it is required of [them] that despite age, infirmity, exhaustion, and feelings of inadequacy, [they] do the work he has given [them] to do, to the last breath of [their] lives." (November 1992)
To the last breath.
President Hinckley's testimony of Jesus Christ and of the restored gospel will linger in our hearts. His long life of Christian service will influence and overshadow our daily pursuits.
The tumult and the shouting dies;
The captains and the kings depart.
Still stands thine ancient sacrifice,
An humble and a contrite heart.
Lord God of Hosts, be with us yet,
Lest we forget, lest we forget.
LOVED this.
We thank thee, O God, for a prophet.

10 comments:
Thank you Lori, you always seem to have the right things to say, or quote, at the right time. The picture you used here is somewhat similar to the one I'm looking for. Where did you find this?
Amen!
Loved that you included those words from Kipling. BEAUTIFUL.
I knew you would have some wonderful thought up already. Thank you.
What a truly beloved prophet and example we've had to look to and follow. He always motivated me to want to 'stand a little taller' --and to do it wearing a smile.
Thank you Thank you Thank you. That was the picture I have been looking for. Where did you find it? Can't wait to get a copy made, if that's legal!
Thanks Lori...just the perfect sentiments!
as always you said it perfectly!
love this. love you. more than you know.
Lori!! I am so glad you said hi! I was so excited to see your comment! You have a beautiful family and a darling little girl! I hope you are all doing well and hope to keep in touch!
Becki (McAdams) Groves
I too reverently say amen. Mom
Post a Comment