Sunday, November 15, 2009

What Happens in Vegas: Part 1

Last week we piled into the car for a little trip to Las Vegas.

Our kids were remarkably patient during the drive, so after four hours of freeway, we treated them to a romp on the St. George temple grounds.

Which they loved. (Here's Spencer sniffing real flowers! I tell you, the pictures do no justice.)

It was a nice stretch for all of our legs.

Funny how familiar the temple grounds feel. At home or abroad.
*Can I interrupt this travel log to mourn the end of our Sunday-afternoons-at-the-Provo-temple that came with today's snow? Oh, I loved those days...

But Provo is beside the point of this post...back to the official report:

We were happy to be with our family!!!! (Thanks for the camera lessons, Suzy, and for the meals and baby-sitting and bed, Gram&Gramps, and for the clothes, Sandy, and for the blessing, Mark, Zach, Joe, and Phil, and for trying to keep us healthy, Maria, and for all the FUN, cousins!!! We LOVE YOU *I'm crying while I write this. I am such a crier!* and were so happy to see everyone!!!

Nothing like girl cousins! Thanks for this picture, Suz!

And for this one!

Wish we could go to Aunt Suzy's everyday!
So Lucy and Kate could play!
And wish we could have Saturday morning breakfast together every week...
...to make pretty pictures!
...and play games with Grandma!
"quAAAAAck!" says Spencer's duck
Sandy and Josh
Lucy and Emma
Suzy took these two pictures too...I'm ready for my next lesson!
Grey and Lucy
And...that's plenty of pictures for one day.
But there's more. Think: candle-lit caves, spray paint explosives, rattlesnakes, s'mores, and sparkling lingonberry juice. Stay tuned!

9 comments:

Lessa said...

So fun! Looking forward to your next post. I giggled at the mere mention of the rattle snake.

Heather said...

I am jealous of your family...granted I love my own, but there is something about that Truman clan that is so wonderful. Glad to see you had fun, was thinking about you this weekend as we ventured to the Airspace Museum with Royce and Heather

Grandma lu said...

Love all your latest posts, but really want a emailed photo of Lucy and Spencer at both the Provo and St. George Temples. Oh, and I can't imagine a better YW leader! You'll never be released. This is just the beginning.

jeanine said...

Looks like a fun trip... can't wait to see and hear more about it!

Julie said...

Awesome. Can't wait to see ya'll at Thanksgiving.

nateandrebecca said...

Glad you guys had a good trip. It does look/sound like fun!

heath said...

Cute, cute, cute. What a fun family!

Star said...

Ach! When were you in St. George? We were at the temple just recently too. I would have loved to meet your family! But it looks like you had fun.

DeAnna Packer said...

I FOUND Part 1!!!

Wonderful Bunch for sure! Wonderful Pictures! Wonderful memories!

With (tears---reflecting those of our daughters) I join in sharing the LOVE of the Trumans. Glad I am a shirt-tail relative!! dwp