Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Craziness in Review: MoTab Concert

Nothing rings in the season like a little Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas music. Our friends surprised us with two tickets and...it was pretty much a party. Natalie Cole's music was really nice (The Holly and the Ivy with guitar =beautiful, and, of course, those "chestnuts roasting..."). It wasn't exactly Brian Stokes Mitchel (maybe I'm partial to men's voices. Either way I'm so jealous that my parents went to that concert last year.), but I have no doubt that David McCullough's moving Christmas message blew last year's narrator (whoever it was) out of the water. All in all, a great concert.

Not to mention the pre-concert dinner (which was delicious) and the twinkling post-concert walk (which was wonderful -warmer than our last stroll through temple square, that's for sure).

Thanks, friends!!

7 comments:

heath said...

Thanks for posting this--one of these days I'll be as quick as you at posting events. I can't believe you included such a shocking picture of us though! :)

Vicky said...

So fun! I miss going to those concerts! We used to go with Paul's family and it was always a memorable time. I'm glad you could go!

jeanine said...

What wonderful friends! Looks like a great time!

mcampbell said...

Oh, looks so fun! Makes me that much more excited to see you all. HOORAY for Christmas.

Unknown said...

so fun to see you with such great friends...glad we'll be joining you soon!

DeAnna Packer said...

And did WE have fun with the Truman duo left behind??? Yes! Bath time was a joy, and they went to bed without so much as a peep.

Just worried about picking them up and zipping back to Provo in the middle of the night to beat the snow and be prepared for Sunday Lessons....... What a going gang!

nateandrebecca said...

That looks like so much fun! One of these years we will plan far enough in advance to get tickets to this concert before they are all gone!