Early in December when Wes's meds were wrecking havoc, Santa (sans beard) and Mrs. Claus picked us all up for a little Christmas outing. Dinner at the five -year-old's choice of restaurant ...
The kids had a great time (how could they not with Grandma's running Christmas commentary!) and Wes relaxed in the warm car (although he looked at these pictures today and has zero recollection of this experience).
On December 10th, Wes was feeling good enough that we ventured out to our 7th annual SAS Christmas dinner. The catering was tasty as usual...
...but we had to rush through the meal to catch a movie.
You know we're Narnia fans in general. But did you know that when Wes and I were first married he taught me Norwegian by helping me to slowly read through Reisen Til Det Ytterste Hav?
I told you he was a patient man. Needless to say, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is perhaps our favorite of favorite books, (sentimentality runs high around here these days, folks!) and that we were excited to see the film. One the whole, we thought is was pretty well done (a little too much green electricity/sea monster for me...but you'll find that's my response to most films: A little too much green electricity/sea monster.)
I'd been trying to get there with the kids since Thanksgiving.
They loved it.
We all loved it.
Oh, I will miss BYU museums when we move!!!
See you tomorrow! And thanks for your thoughtful comments!!! You're all such good friends!



5 comments:
I just want to say that I really do miss the BYU museums now that we don't live so close to them! Or for that matter, other good nearby museums like the Springville Museum of Art. By the way, have you guys gone to the Carl Bloch exhibit in the MOA yet? If not, you really should...it is such a wonderful, beautiful exhibit, and a great opportunity to see the work of a truly great artist.
Sorry to hear about Wes' rough weeks in December. As always, you guys are still in our prayers. We love you!
"Voyage of Dawn Treader" has to be my favorite of the Narnia books, so was a little disappointed by the movie though it was still good.
Spencer's quote something to the extent "Catching a fish" cute.
I didn't know the Bean Museum did a Nativity. Wish I could see it sometime! Good to know about the movie. It's been so long I can't even remember what the book is about. Guess it should go on the list of things to read.
First I have to say that I'm totally impressed that Wes taught you Norwegian. Why did I not know this?
All the December outings look like a lot of fun. You really are lucky to have all those wonderful museums nearby!
So fun to read about your Christmas... you're always full of fun ideas and outings. We're praying for you.
Post a Comment