Our first Christmas at home!
It was so lovely.
Un-rushed. Full of happiness, and delight, and love.
Sometime midmorning Spencer said with enthusiasm, "I love this kind of day!!"
Me too. =)
So many people helped to make our Christmas magical and we're so grateful!!
We made omelets for breakfast which Spencer topped off with a big bowel of cereal (all that unwrapping is hard work!).
And after a blissful early afternoon nap in the w a r m sunshine flooding through our windows, we wrote down our testimonies to tuck into Wes's stocking....
...a tradition we started a few years ago after talking about treasures in heaven and the kinds of gifts we can still give to our Dad. Reading over entries from past years and updating our envelopes with new letters has become a cherished little piece of Christmas for me.
The kids were excited to head north in the evening to fill their traditional roles as an angel and a shepherd in the family nativity and to enjoy general good times with their cousins.
It was a perfect Christmas.


























6 comments:
Looks like a fantastic Christmas morning! I love your tradition with Wes' stocking! Also I super love the picture from the morning with you in it! You look FANTASTIC!!!! All my love!
That is a really great tradition with Wes' stocking! I am glad you guys had such a good Christmas!
Yay! Spencer got legos, and Lucy got a camera! I think I was about that age when I got my first camera; took pictures of EVERYthing. :) And look at your beautiful Minerva Teichert painting! "Look to Your Children", I believe? Wonderful.
Such s sweet Christmas. Loved seeing "Santa and Mrs. Clause" peeking through the smiles. Thank you for always remembering the real treasures.
"Un-rushed. Full of happiness, and delight, and love."
Memories to hold close to the heart.
Loving our Truman-Packer connection.
Sounds like a perfect day. I really love the tradition of testimonies for Wes. What a treasure those written words will have in years to come.
Post a Comment