Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Our Brief Weekend Getaway...

OK. Disneyland is better than the grocery store. (But don't tell Lucy, cause we didn't take her! Didn't think the "rise at 2:00am - drive four hours- play until you can't stand up straight" plan would have gone over really well with her. But her day IS coming. Don't you worry.)

Ryan and Amy, Lauren, Adrianna, Lori and Wes


Wes and Ryan, post California Soakin' (California Screamin').

Amy and Lori; silly sunglasses to take home to the two year old (see, Lucy, you were not entirely forgotten).

Ahhhhhh, just SO MUCH MAGIC!
Like the magic of four burly, winking pirates singing an enthusiastic "yo ho, yo ho a pirates life for me!" at the request of a delighted small girl in a wheel chair.

Like the magic of smiling Disney staff members saying, "Congratulations! Here's a 'Dream Fastpass'" SWEET!


Like the magic of dinner at the Blue Bayou. (Dim overhead lamps. Cricket chorus. Delicious food. Mouthwatering Magic.)

Or like the magic of sitting down on a ride after waiting in lines, lines, lines - to the immediate relief of your aching feet.

Or the magic of having screams ripped from your lungs as you speed, soar, or plummet through the air.Like the magic of friendship that endures over the span of so many years and so many miles.

Like the magic of love, the pleasure of companionship, the security of commitment.

So... bring on the abominable snowmen! I'll cozy up in a Swiss bobsled next to this guy ANY DAY of the week.Honestly, truly, you want to know my idea of a romantic 24 hours?? Disneyland is precisely my cup of tea!

I guess all that's really left to say is...Lauren! Way to hang in there 'till the bitter end!!!

Thanks, friends, for a most fabulous time!!

13 comments:

Lindsay said...

Disneyland?! Lucky!!

jeanine said...

I just have to say that I am extremely jealous of your day at the happiest place on earth! It's been a few years since I've been. I'm even more jealous of the company you kept... I wish I could hang out with you all!

DeAnna Packer said...

....and here I was 'slightly concerned about the d r i v e, and the w e a t h e r, and your e n d u r a n c e. Oh, to be young and in love with friends and your Los Vegas Parents! It makes me totally happy to see you all happy! Mom

Heather said...

I am completely jealous...wish I could do something like that. let alone be willing to get up at 2:00 am to do it. Glad that you had a wonderful time while in Vegas and hopefully Lucy didn't miss you too much and is over the fact that you didn't take her.

Unknown said...

Jeanine! You were missed when we drove past corona! We wish we could have taken all of you...but don't be too jealous--my feet/stomach/back have still not recovered...totally worth it though :)

Marie W said...

I thought for sure that the Carters would have commented on this one by now. :0) What a fabulous date! Adam and I went to Disneyland as part of our engagement weekend, so I totally agree that it is a most magical, romantic place.

Mrs. Cropper said...

Disneyland is, without question, the happiest place on earth. I am downright giddy everytime I am there. Here's what I love: Pirates, Space Mountain, and--I know most people hate it, but I don't care--It's a Small World! Come on! All of those cute little children dancing and singing and then at the end they're all wearing white! Too presh!

heath said...

I'm still jealous I didn't get to go.

Emily Anne said...

The whole thing just looks double great! You and Wes look darling kissing in a tea cup!

Unknown said...

ps...lori...you need to send us ALL your pics! i need documentation!

Carrie said...

All I wanna say is I'm jealous. Isn't this your 2nd Lucy-free trip this year???? Jealous with a capital J!!

Grandma lu said...

So glad you had a good time in Disneyland, but am still missing that little goldilocks! I still can't believe she Knows us enough to stay with us. Thanks for teaching her that we love her too!

Brooke said...

You guys are so awesome for doing this! One of these days we'll get enough guts to do something so CRAZY and AWESOME! Good for you two! PS- hooray for being in love!