Just finished it.Liked it.
Fun plot. Great characters.
An enchanting mesh of modern and medieval images (but don't start thinking Harry Potter and British wizarding!).
This Mediterranean tale is magic in a very differnt way.
Read it before you see the movie! (I'd link to the trailer, but I'm just not a book spoiler like that! You've got until April 30).

Laughed and laughed and laughed.
Shannon's tale is silly, but undeniably sensational. A smashing little piece of writing.
Great fun to be had in Austenland.
Shannon's tale is silly, but undeniably sensational. A smashing little piece of writing.
Great fun to be had in Austenland.
Dug out and dusted off this classic again.
What an utterly inspiring man.
What a beautifully simple, readable history.

What an utterly inspiring man.
What a beautifully simple, readable history.

Currently halfway through this gem.
After too many years (7?) we're having a much needed reunion.
Still love it! Still recommend it!
Don't be afraid of the title and lack of cover illustration. This be no textbook!
After too many years (7?) we're having a much needed reunion.
Still love it! Still recommend it!
Don't be afraid of the title and lack of cover illustration. This be no textbook!
WHY ALL THE READING???!
Been spending the weekend (with very few exceptions) like this:
Here's a "get well soon!" to my cherubic, cuddly little invalid (and all others like her!)!




20 comments:
That cute little thing. I'm glad things are looking up.
Sad! Sorry she's been sick. Things are definitely going around. So, are you guys on for this weekend?
Poor Lucy! (And poor Lori too!) Glad that you got some reading done though... and thanks for the reccomendations!
I love to hear about good books that people liked. I am always afraid to just pick something up that I know nothing about, unless it's an author that I know. Thanks a ton! We hope Lucy gets to feeling better. We are so ready for spring and no more disease! -Megg
Oh, sad. I hope she gets well quick!
And agreed: "Austenland" is a fun read. I really liked it. Have you read her "Princess Academy"? If not, you must.
Also, that writing books looks fabulous. I'm going to see if our library has it!
The Truman Clan have been in our prayers..... Springtime is looking better and better with hope of better health. "Hope springs eternal"?
I too love reading recommended books...
I wanted to blog about my big "UNBIRTHDAY" that my adorable children had for me, but can't get the picts to work. Will keep trying....
Luf and stuf.... DeAnna
Hope she is on the mend soon!
I thought Inkheart was such a fun book with a really new idea at its heart (no pun intended). I just about shouted out loud when I figured out about Silvertongue. Such a great idea - kinda looking forward to the movie (though how could it possibly beat the book?)
Just read the sequel (Inkspell) and enjoyed it for the most part, though not quite as much as the first.
Thanks for the list of good reads. I need to take time to do more reading! Hope little Lucy is feeling better. I feel so bad for my kids when they are sick but love the cuddle time!
I hope Lucy is feeling better. It was so sad to see her not feeling good. I hope you guys stay healthy, too.
I'm so sorry Lucy (and all others like her)...being sick is no fun! Hope you get better soon!
Hope both you girls are feeling better! So sweet to see you being such a good momma!
Love all the books you reviewed. INHEART is my all time favorite fantasy. . . so far. . . nothing against Tolkien. And no, the movie can never make the magic the book makes. And three cheers for a girl protagonist!
Have not read WRITING WITH STYLE! Will over spring break?? Maybe.
Poor thing! Didn't you guys just get it bad over Christmas? That's it; your winter sickness quota is up.
Thanks for the get well wishes, everyone!
We just realized yesterday: Lucy's getting a couple of new molars! Hence, the fever, the brief upset tummy, the sore bottom, and the hurting teeth/mouth. Lucy told me last Saturday that her teeth hurt but I didn't even consider molars, I just chalked it up to the aches and pains of a flu bug. Nope. Teeth. Gotta love it!
Gotta love getting them molars. My kids were lucky enough to never get sick with new teeth. At least you got to do something besides cuddle all weekend long. I am jealous. I will have to agree with, I believe it's Wes's mom, INKHEART is my favorite fantasy book also. You should now try reading INKSPELL. I thought it was good also but am getting impatient waiting for the third book in the trilogy. You might also like THIEF LORD by Cornelia Funke, not along the same lines as INKHEART but still a good read and simple.
Hope that the molars come fast and that you can get back to being active and adventurous.
We still need to plan a time to get together. Perhaps by the time it works out we will have the basement finished and the kids can play down there.
Oh, I'll have to read some of these! Thanks for the reviews! and hope Lucy gets better soon!!! Very soon!
Hope Lucy is feeling better! Poor girl! I always appreciated the quiet, lethargic sick more than the whiny, upset sick, looks like she's the former! And I read Austenland a while back, so cute! I'm excited to check out the others too!
Aaah, "Writing with Style." That book and the post-discussion with you and Michelle was perhaps the one day of my college career I was actually happy with my major. Then I went to class.
"Never ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I can not put."
I am glad you got some reading in. I wish I had more time to read myself...I miss the summer days when I used to spend all my spare time immersed in a good book...
I, too, just read Austenland. Can I say how much I LOVED it!! What a sassy lady! I love her and she's funny. Good book!
Thanks for the book recommendations! I hope Lucy is feeling much better.
Post a Comment