Time goes so fast.
I can't remember when you weren't part of our family.
I never knew I could love someone so much so quickly.
Remember how hard being born was? Remember how bruised and swollen you were? My labor was so fast. Your heart rate indicated that you didn't really approve of the pace. But you made it. I remember all the nurses talking about your banged up, blue little face. A brave little face.
And you keep growing. And my heart, hardly able to keep up, doesn't quite approve of the pace. 
So I'd just like to have it on the record that when I come into your room in the morning or after one of your naps, you (laying on your tummy) kick your legs vigorously, the way an excited puppy dog would wag his excited tail.
I love this.
I also love the grin you occasionally give me after a particularly satisfying feeding. The kind of grin that lets a tiny stream of milk escape your mouth and slide down your sweet little cheek.
That yummy grin makes me want to EAT. YOU. UP.
Happy Half Birthday, my man-cub.








10 comments:
Oh he is just delicious....but, you're right growing up way too fast. He will be a little boy when I finally get to hold him. Loved talking to you on the phone. Miss you all.
Lori, you write so beautifully. And the pictures are perfect. What a sweet little man you have! I can't wait to meet him.
Amen! You put exactly how I feel everyday. I am so excitd for Logan to grow to see who he will be come, but sad to lose my sweet snuggly, portable baby. Your Spencer has always been such a cutie. I love watching him grow because I know mine is right behind him. And, Aaron loved Lucy's sidewalk papertowel quote. She is so clever.
Happy half-birthday! They grow too fast. Haley has finally consented to stop growing... if I get her a kitty-cat. Oh, how I wish that were true. (I'm always saying, "Will you stop growing, please? You're too big.")
He really is delicious. One of these days I will have to meet the man-cub. How strange time flies when you add another child to the mix. You no longer "wish" them to grow up but "wish" them to slow down so you can enjoy it all!
Oh he's just too adorable! I need to meet this little one!!!
Oh, happy Half-Birthday to Spencer! What a milestone. And what a cute, happy baby!
He is a mighty handsome looking man-cub! Happy half-birthday Spencer!
Hmmmmm, Hmmmmm, GOOD!! From a grandma who thinks he is a 'tasty morsel' too!
OH MY goodness!! He does look yummy! Little Spencer is growing up sooo fast. I remember reading on your blog when he was born, and look at him now, 6 months later! Also, I loved reading about your Dr. Suess post. As I scrolled down, I had to look twice to make sure that yes, those really were GREEN eggs! Very creative, but I must say I'd have to suspend my disbelief a bit to eat those green yolks. ;)
Post a Comment