Thursday, July 30, 2009

Pajaro: Day One

It was a long drive. But our passengers did well (what with stories, lollipops, toys, and toes at their disposal). We caravaned with Amy and Ryan. (So our pit stops were more like parties).


Our AC only played one trick on us leaving us grateful for cooler No. CA weather and grateful not to be days-of-'47 pioneers.
And you know what? I like road tripping. So does Lucy. ("Look, LOOK, at those windmills! There are too many! I can't even count them!")
The miles of CA orchards and crops were beautiful. (Lucy: "Oh, those little trees are so cute all in a line!")
Early evening saw our car pulling into the Parjaro Dunes parking lot. We piled out and put our kids to bed. We drank in the cozy retro decor and the roomy, comfortable accommodations of the beach house. But we were too exhausted to play much that night. After planning out rough menus for the week we went to bed and sent Ryan to the store. Smile. We ate our cabbage the rest of the week and, actually, no one loved it more than Lucy. Just today she told me, "I love green cabbage one hundred and seventy three!" Which is pretty much infinity.
Tomorrow...
Pajaro: Day Two Wherein Lucy and Spencer see the ocean for the first time and I fall in love with the beach. And with Amy and Ryan's BBQ ribs.

4 comments:

Mark and Maria said...

Cool!!! I I love the anticipation!!! I'm looking forward to reading ALL about your trip!! Glad you had so much fun! We LOVE the beach too, and cabbage....but NOT really road trips! :) That's great that your kids did so well!

Grandma lu said...

I love cabbage one hundred and seventy three too! If is is fresh from the Salinas farm! See you soon, grama lu

jeanine said...

So glad that your little ones survived the road trip. I love them too... and William. But James? Not so much. CAn't wait to hear more!

Heather said...

I too can't wait to hear more about the adventures at the beach and No. CA. So far it sounds like the trip was quite a delight.