Saturday, September 19, 2009

Last Week,

President Monson delivered the Tuesday devotional address. He told delightful, instructive stories about & memories of past church presidents.

They were all wonderful.

But my favorite was a snippet about President Kimball who, upon realizing that he would shortly need to use his cluttered office to meet with parents of missionaries, rushed to clean up by shuffling a stack of papers into his closet, stacking others on his secretary's desk...

"And then," President Monson related, "he picked up that big stack of papers he usually carried [around with him] and stuck it in the refrigerator."

"It was the only place left."

8 comments:

Heather said...

I love it...the refrigerator...don't know if there would be room but I would make the room.

Grandma lu said...

Doesn't a story like that always make you feel better! Now where did I put that stack of mail? I know I put it somewhere safe? Maybe I'll check the refrigerator.

DeAnna Packer said...

That was sterling! Never heard that one before.....but understand the feelings :)
Dear President Kimpall.

Megan said...

I really enjoyed that tidbit also...I'm glad to say I've never resorted to that however much I may have needed to. :)

emily and kevin griffin said...

how funny...i can relate to those moments too...:) your kids are so cute and are getting so big! i miss seeing them every week! hope you are doing great!

ROAST said...

That was such a great talk! I can't wait until conference!

jeanine said...

Rachelle told me that the talk was so good. I'm going to have to look it up this week and watch it!

Danielle said...

I caught that devotional too (mostly because it interrupts PBS kids), but I loved that part too...it made me feel much better about my cluttered ways, and my stashed piles everywhere.