Thursday, July 1, 2010

Tonight Lucy Asked:

"Does *unless* (a word I had just used in a sentence) mean *so much*?
Think about that.
Un-less.
So much.


Spencer's been having a hard time falling asleep without me lately.  Throws a fit every time I leave the bedroom.  Tonight, hoping to prevent the crying, Lu asked "Mom, can you wait until Spencer's not looking and then creep out as quiet as air?"  (Didn't work. Darn!)

 Sunglasses found at the park today (and still there if you happen to be missing yours):

        

Dirt found at the park today: 





P.S. At the end of these long summer days (which I love) why don't my kids fall into bed exhausted?
Do yours??????

7 comments:

Deanna said...

You would think huh? I wish Azure would fall asleep a little more easily. With the sun going down so late, it makes it harder I think.

jeanine said...

I wish they would fall asleep exhausted. It seems that William comes up with a million excuses to get out of bed these days!

And Un-less... brilliant!

Unknown said...

No! They don't. I do-there is much to catch up on, friend. Love you guys.

Lindsay said...

She's a smart cookie, that Lucy!

Mine do sleep better in the summer than they do in the winter, but it's still sometimes a great exercise in futility to get them to the point where they're actually sleeping. :)

Grandma lu said...

"Quiet as air." Love that little dimple when Lucy smiles! Dirt is so much fun, I remember the feel! Love you all, and if you think they don't go to bed early now, wait until they are teenagers!

McKenzie said...

Your daughter is the cutest little girl I've ever seen--and so bright! Love your blog.

JennyW said...

Un-less = my new favorite word. She is too cute!