Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Always a Good Time at Gateway

   


     



But enough is enough.
How 'bout a little sunshine.  




And a little music.


And a little ice cream.


  

The ice cream held them over for most of the afternoon, but when we made it to Target for a return at 5:30 they were clamoring for crackers and snacks (of which we had none).  So we sat them down at a table and bought them a little pizza.  Lucy opened the box first, took out a piece, and then handed it quickly to Spencer. 
"Hank you so much!" he said.
After a few seconds of quiet Lucy asked me in a hushed voice, "Do you know why I did that?"
"Why?"  I asked.
"Because I saw a policeman,"  she responded.

Chuckle.
Hope you had a happy day too!

7 comments:

jeanine said...

Love that little tapping foot of Spencer's!
And Lucy and the policeman... she's a crack up!

Natalie said...

Sounds like a perfect day! I love the way children think=)

ROAST said...

This made me smile!

Unknown said...

Lucy--that cracked me up!
Spencer and Rachel have the same "swing from the railing" move...see=they are meant to be.

DeAnna Packer said...

Glad I wasn't with you....I can't see me allowing my dressed-up children to have so much fun in the water...........You know how to have the good times for sure!!

Shows me what a dud I must have been....... (How come YOU turned out so good???)

The tapping foot got me too!

nateandrebecca said...

Looks like fun! This post made me smile too!

Marie W said...

Lori - I want you to come be our personal photographer. You capture such amazing pictures of your sweet little ones.