Oh, Lu!! I haven't forgotten you!!
What a whirlwind these weeks have been!!
And here you are a full blown Kindergartner.
(back-to-school night)
The day before school, Dad and I took you on a little date.
California Pizza Kitchen was your pick for lunch. We played tic tac toe. You raved about your meal (cheese pizza). "The sauce is really good! You should try it," you told us.
We drove to your new school and sat on the grass in front of the east entrance. We talked in excitement about the coming day. We reminisced about the past. We told you a little about why we named you Lucy. We read 3 Nephi 18:24 together and we gave you a gift- a reminder to let your light shine at school the way you've let it shine in our home all these years.
We played at the playground for a few minutes and then headed home - had to get ready for the big day!
You woke up on Tuesday before anyone else in the house. It felt like Christmas day the way you crawled on our bed asking if it was morning yet.
We had "sunshine toast" for breakfast (what we used to call "eggs in a basket" - the new name came from Mike and Marci and fit right in with our little back-to-school theme. Thanks, guys =)

And then you were off!
I didn't cry. I was too busy trying to persuade you to put on your name tag (there's a little stubborn mixed in with all that sunshine =). At home, I busied myself with a small surprise for your return...
(your new "Kindergarten Corner")
Every school day since has been...well, happy. You like your teacher and you have wonderful friends. I love the time to be alone with Spencer. But you know what? Every day I find myself really, truly looking forward to eleven o'clock. I love the expectant eyes you wear as you walk out of the school door, the way you scan the group of moms and dads until you find me. I love the post-school minutes we spend on the playground. I love the sweet conversations you have with Avery on our drive home.
I love you, Lucy-Lu! I guess I just love you.







12 comments:
Love that girl!
I also love your gift to her... perfect!
Oh I how I love to visit your blog!
Darling photos! Darling girl! Darling life!
Just when I think you've reached perfection...there you go and top yourself again! And that's just Lucy I'm talking about ;)
Isn't it GRAND to be able to find the SUNSHINE in each day!!!
Glowing Parents....Radient children, and altogether uplifting ideas and sentiments.... You make us smile in the warmpth of it all!!
Thanks for LIGHTING the WAY!
What a great post to Lucy. I love the photos of the walk to the school in the morning. It's hard to believe that such a transition is happening isn't it? I love her very own little corner to do work at. That's one of the cutest ideas ever. But since Lucy's mom is so cute, it makes sense.
I want to go to kindergarten again. The anticipation of it all, the new friends, the activities--sounds kind of appealing right now!
You guys seriously have the cutest kids. I am glad the kindergarten is going well for Lucy!
Seriously such a darling girl! I cannot believe she's in kindergarten!
I love her too and I really love her mama!
Lucy's in kindergarten too? I'd forgotten how close her and Ella really are in age. Ella's been beyond excited to finally start--she just turned 6 so all her friends went last year. They have all day kindergarten here so I'm glad she's a little older. I hope Lucy's loving it!
She is darling. And I love the excitement that comes through in the photos! And you and Wes are in my prayers.
Thank you so much, Lori! I loved this post. Thank you for sharing the light that you have. I love that you and Wes read the Book of Mormon with Lucy on your date with her--it inspired me to make that wonderful book a larger part of Julia's life. And I love the reality and humor in your posts (such as the bit of stubbornness mixed into all of Lucy's sunshine ;) ). Thank you, friend! I hope you wonderful Trumans are having a happy day.
Post a Comment