Thursday, March 3, 2011

I meant to post yesterday...

...but never got around to it.
I wanted to say thanks for your support and friendship and kind comments.
I also wanted to say Happy Dr. Seuss day!

  
Did you have a little celebration? 
Ours was low key.
Lollipops (left over from Valentine's!) and lots of books.


(love his listening face)

       
          
(hate when I'm too slow with the camera dial!) 
  

While Spencer napped, Lucy looked through all of her Seuss stories for creative inspiration, piled the kitchen chair full of possibilities, and concocted a whimsical wishing well full of pennies.  


The sign in front reads *Free* (unless you want to make a wish?) and *Exiting* (exciting).


Smile.
It was a fun afternoon! (The hat really makes the celebration, folks.  If you're crafty and have time, you should make a felt one.  If not, you should buy one for $11.  I love being able to pull ours out every year without any forethought, thank you Nicole!)


And if you have books in your blood like we do, you'll want to know a little about our Grandma Lu. 


She used to be the librarian at a private school in Las Vegas.  Now she's pretty much my personal assistant/nanny/nurse/etc (thank you, Grandma!!). 

But she hasn't given up books!
Check out her blog.   
Her knowledge of literature is truly extensive. 
And her recommendations feature only quality content - for children and parents alike.

ENJOY!!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Every year on Dr. Seuss' birthday, I think of you guys, and inevitably, there's a post with the hat in it. I wish I could tell you how happy it makes me to see you guys with it! It has the best home ever.

Love you!

jeanine said...

We had a pretty low key Dr. Seuss day as well... I need to post about it! I think we need to get a hat... it would be perfect.

And thanks for directing to Grandma Lu's blog... It is wonderful!

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Ooh, I love a good book blog, especially one written by a librarian :)

DeAnna Packer said...

Love you and yours. Love OUR Librarian...She and her (Side Kick) make a wonderful addition to the Truman Blog....

The Cat in the Hat....Darling.
The hobit in the Pith hat cracks me up

heath said...

I love that you're always finding little ways to celebrate. You're remarkable, really.

Laurie said...

You truly are remarkable!!! Love you all and think and pray for you daily!! Love your Dr. Suess' celebration!! Seriously, you are such a great inspiration and example!! Love Sister Lu's blog as well! Learning so much from all of you :) LOVE YOU ALL!!

Ashley said...

Lori!

Can I please take a moment of your time and tell you how amazing you are?

I would really like to.

Lori, I LOVE reading your blog. You have a real talent for writing and I hope you have been told that over and over and over again. Why? Because it is true.

I am honored that I get to read your wonderful stories and touching memories. I love your photos; they have brought tears to my eyes more than once.

Thank you for sharing your experiences through your wonderful words and powerful pictures.

You have really touched my life and I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to work with you for as long (or as little, as the case my be) that I did.

Love,
Ashley

Jek said...

You don't know me but i left a comment under your last post. I just wanted you to get it!

Jessica
(jek)

Megan said...

Just wanted you to know that we love you all and are praying for you.

Wendy said...

Thanks for the link to Grandma Lu's blog. I LOVE finding new resources for book recommendations :)

Vicky said...

Lori and Wes, I've been thinking about you a lot lately. Just wanted you to know that, and that you are in our prayers.