Thursday, June 9, 2011

Tea Party



How about a non-cancer-related post?! 


Tea, anyone?


For Mother's Day, Lucy was thrilled to help me make top secret invitations to a bring-your-own-tea-cup, dress-as-fancy-as-you'd-like, "Two Grandmother Tea Party."  She's so lucky to have both of her grandmas close by (I'm so lucky), how could we resist?  She wrote her assigned words so carefully...


...and helped to get everything ready.

  
    




(Spencer helped a little too.)



And we had such a lot of fancy, meaningful fun celebrating our mothers & grandmothers.






"Life is interesting, to say the least."
"The gospel's true and I love you!"
"There could be a lesson in that..."

       


    

Aunt Julie even joined in the fun (glad you happened to be in town, sis!  Thanks for the party favors =). 


And lest you think the boys were left out, they weren't.  Plenty of leftovers.

      
(Love that Spencer Dee in his Grandpa Dee's hat.)

Mmmmmm.  Wish I could somehow preserve more than a snapshot of our lovely morning.  Wish I could bottle up the tender feelings, wish I could share the beautiful poem Lucinda read that brought tears to all our eyes, wish there was any way to convey the importance and magnificence of motherhood. 



16 comments:

jeanine said...

Oh what fun! What a wonderful idea!

And I don't know how you find the time/energy to think of (and pull off) such a fantastic celebration. Love you.

ps. When did Spencer get to be so big!?

yutzyjbear said...

Beautiful! Such precious pics.

Unknown said...

oh.my.goodness. Does Lucy have any idea how lucky she is?

Wendy said...

What a fun idea!

I wonder if you know what a fantastic photographer you are?! A mutual friend said about your photographs that you make the ordinary look extraordinary. Would not be surprised to hear that you have your own photography business! (I’d be a client for sure!)

erica said...

what fun! such a fun party with such fun ladies:) love you

erica said...

that was really me,(phoebe) but erica is sitting right next to me and agrees completely!

heath said...

I've read this several times but haven't commented yet. But I was just thinking this time around, how great is it that Lucy loves being with her grandmothers? What better relationship could you foster than that?

Josh and Kristen said...

How much fun!!! You are such an awesome mother and an amazing woman! Thank you for your posts and example! We love you guys! Josh and Kristen Baumgarten

Julie said...

Thanks for letting me crash. I loved it and you and Lucy and our Grandmas.... well, everything.

Lessa said...

What a lovely party. And those cupcakes look divine :)

melissa @ 1lbr said...

What a fun idea! I'm super late posting on it, but I was thinking about you and your sweet family today. Thanks for having such beautiful posts I can read and draw strength from!

. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
. said...

Lori, I love you. I am hurting with you. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Wendy said...

Lori, you look great and I can't believe how old Lucy is. I miss you and loved reading this post

David Meyers said...

Lori,
I just heard about Wes. I'm so sad for you. I'm thinking about you and praying for you.
Love,
Kendra (not David, that's my husband)

David and Katie said...

Lori,
I just heard as well. I've been thinking of you and praying for you and your family.
Love,
Katie and David Ollmann