Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Homeward Bound

It's likely you already know.


I've sent my sweetheart home. 
My heart is broken.
But I feel his arms, and all of heaven, around me. 

God bless you, dear friends, for your prayers and support. 
We have cherished every word on THIS memorial blog.
We have been carried and loved by our wonderful families and neighbors.
We are exhausted. 
But we look forward to celebrating Wes's life together this weekend. 
Details HERE.

61 comments:

yutzyjbear said...

Sending Love, Love, and more Love.

Lessa said...

Love you, Lori. My heart is broken for you. Wish I lived closer so I could be of more help. Praying for you.

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see you. LOVE

A & M Ras said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear this. We have been praying so much for you even though we don't know you. Here are two quotes from Elder Holland that have brought me peace along the grieving road:
"Some blessings come soon, some come late and some don't come until Heaven; but for those who embrace the Gospel of Jesus Christ, they come."
"If for a while the harder you try, the harder it gets, TAKE HEART So it has been with the best people who ever lived."

heath said...

Thanks for posting this dear. I love you!

jeanine said...

Love you Lori! Wish we could be there... you, Lucy and Spencer are constantly in our thoughts and prayers.

Laurie said...

Many hearts are broken....we love and pray for you all! Wes is an amazing man as are ALL of you! We have learned much as we have watched you, Lucinda and Phil and your sweet children LOVE and care for Wes...not to mention his loving brothers and sisters and your family.
What a great legacy he has left Lucy and Spencer in such a short amount of time!
We love you all,
Aunt Laurie

Julie said...

Love you darling. You are most special in my heart.. as is Wes... you are truly a gift to me little sis. I wish I could take away your pain because I know aside from knowing the plan it still hurts. I love you more than you can imagine and I'm always here!

McKenzie said...

Oh Lori. I wish there were something I could say to take away the hurt. My heart burns for you. We are praying earnestly for you, Lucy, and Spencer and hope that you feel the peace you are seeking this weekend. All our love.

Vicky said...

Lori, Paul and I are both so sad for you. Even knowing that you will be together again, I can only imaging that it is still so, so difficult. We have been praying daily that the Lord will bless you with comfort and peace, and hope you know how much we love you. You have blessed my life immeasurably, and our lives are brighter for having known Wes. We very much want to be able to attend his funeral service, so we're moving our trip to Orem up by several hours so we will make it in time. Again, we are sending our love your way through our prayers. I wish there was more we could do for you.

Emily said...

Our love is with you, Lucy, and Spencer. I know your faith, love from friends and family, and the knowledge of an eternal family will help pull you through. You and Wes had an amazing relationship and blessed those you came across, now it is our turn to bless you.

Unknown said...

I love you Lori, and Lucy and Spencer too. Please let me know if I can send more than prayers your way.

Carrie said...

Lori, my heart is breaking for you. Love you, love you , LOVE you. Praying for you and your sweet kids, and your families. God bless you all!

Lindsay said...

Love you, Lori.

Jacque said...

You have been on my mind non stop and I can't express how sorry I am. Wes is a dear and wonderful person and each day I pray you find comfort in any way you can and need. Anyone who knows you and your sweet family has been blessed in more ways than you may ever know in this life. I am sending prayers each minute and want to give you the biggest hug. Love you so much!

rantipoler said...

Hi Lori. I don't know if you remember me (Anna-Lisa) from DT, way back in the day, but I just wanted to let you know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I found out about Wes today from a Facebook comment posted by a mutual friend (Michael Gray), and found your blog. I'm very sorry to hear about your loss and I wish you all the best. I remember you and Wes fondly, and I hope you know that your kindness has touched many lives.

Christina said...

Lori- I met you years ago ago at BYU as we were introduced by Blake Rule. Last year I saw your blog via Bloom and was so happy to see your shining example again. I am so sorry for your loss. I want you to know what an incredible example you've been to me, and I'm sure countless others, although our interactions were brief a decade ago. I shared lessons learned from you in a post today- I hope you don't mind. Your family has been and will continue to be in my prayers.

courtney said...

sending you all my love & prayers lori. thank you for letting us know, and for helping my own faith to grow as i've read your blog. i love the truman family & have grown to truly love you & wes & your sweet children. wish i could be there this weekend, but please know you have friends that love you & are praying for you daily. love, courtney nielson

Karen said...

Love to you Lori, Lucy and Spencer!

Catherine @ Cat on a Limb said...

Lori I'm so sorry. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family.

Megan said...

Lori--I've commented a few times before on your blog. I just love you and your strength and courage. The Trumans have always been a remarkable example to my family and I know Wes will continue to live on in the lives of you and your children. We pray for you and your family and wish we could be there Saturday.

Megan (Krausman) Jones, Bryce, Candy and Gary Krausman

Kim Cannon said...

I didn't know, thank you for taking the time to post. I am so sorry Lori. I will pray for you, Lucy, and Spencer and the rest of your family.

Mallory Eagar said...

Lori, I love you and your family so much. Thank you for your and Wes's good example, I can't express how much it's meant to me. I'm so grateful for the doctrine of eternal families, and I pray that your hearts will be comforted during this time.

Megan said...

Wes, your family will forever be a shining example of your faith and love for God and for the world. Lori, I love you. I know that as much as Wes is now free of pain is as much as you are sad to no longer have him with you. I hope you can find comfort in the family and friends who are mourning with you. The world is a little dimmer without your sweetheart in it.

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

We love the Trumans! Can't wait to hug you this weekend. :)

Mer said...

Oh Lori, I have been away too long. I had no idea. I send my deepest condolences and wish that I could wrap my arms around you. You are such an amazing woman and friend, and I am here for you, if you ever need anything please let me know. You will be in our family's regular prayers. Love you so much! Your old roommate and friend, Meredith :o)

Marianne said...

Oh, Lori! You are truly a tremendous woman. I have often marveled at the tremendous spirit that you have and that comes through just from reading the words of your blog. I believe that will only serve you well during this most difficult of times. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

nateandrebecca said...

I love you Lori. Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday.

Loni said...

Oh dear lovely Lori! I am so so sorry. I can't even imagine what you must be going through. We love you and you are in our prayers!

Kim Domacilio said...

Aggie and Travis and I love you all. Our hearts and thoughts are with you.

Kim Domacilio said...

Aggie and Travis and I love you all. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Wes is one of the best.

Nick, Sonja, Andrew, Madelyn, and Luke said...

Lori, I was so saddened to hear this news. You and Wes are amazing examples and have always emulated the pure love of Christ. I hope you know how amazing you are and I pray you have the strength you need, everyday!

Shauna said...

Lori it was a BLESSING to know Wes and you. We always felt your full support and friendship. You are both so selfless. I can't imagine two better people. I hope your burden will be lighten. Please know that my prayers and love are continually with you and your children.

Lisa said...

Lori, I have wanted to write something for several days, but words can't express how I feel about you and your family. Many at Huntsman have been shedding tears, and expressed their love for your family, which I will pass along on Saturday. Wes and your family fought cancer with incredible Faith, Faith like I have never seen. You and your family are always in my thoughts and prayers.

Amy said...

Our hearts are with you and we're praying for you.

Katie said...

Sweet Lori, we love you and your eternal family. We're praying for you during this difficult time. You and Wes are incredible examples, and we're so thankful to have rubbed shoulders with him and learned from him in this life.
Corwin & Katie

Janna said...

How we love you and your family, Lori.

Stephanie Aurora Clark Nielson said...

We love you guys!!! Prayers and prayers and more prayers for you Lori and the children.
I am just just the street if you need me, or anything!

-Stephanie & Christian

Andrew and Ariel said...

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

We love you. We will keep praying. Heavenly Father will take care of all of you.

Bloom said...

Oh Lori,
Our hearts are aching for you. We love you so much. We have been reminiscing about many wonderful times shared with you and Wes.

Love and prayers
XOXO
Anne

Jeff and Jill said...

Lori, what a beautiful, touching, and sincere post. We have become better people because of you and because of Wes...hope you know that. Love, Jeff & Jill

Jeff and Jill said...

What a beautiful, touching and sincere post. We are better people because of you and because of Wes...hope you know that. Love, Jeff and Jill

Kim said...

Lori,
Don't know if you remember me back from Fugal Hall, but I just wanted to share how sorry I am for your loss. I have been uplifted and strengthened from reading your blog over the past little while. You are a great example to us all. May you find peace in our Savior during this most difficult time.
love,
Kimberly (Morris) Hancock

Mark said...

Erica and I love you and Wes. We pray for you often and will always cherish the time we spent with you guys. We're thinking about you today.--Mark and Erica Adams.

Whitney Hardie said...

Oh Lori, my heart is broken for you. I've been following your blog for a little while and have just loved seeing your sweet family. You inspire me to be better and I'm praying for you at this difficult time.

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Know we're praying for you to find find that peace that surpasses all understanding. Wes was such a great man and he continues to be in the next phase of his life.

MJ/Mom/GrammaJ said...

We have prayed for you all. We knew without a doubt that there could be a great miracle of healing for Wes. We hoped for so very long, but God's will was something else and that is ok. Our hearts break with you and yours. The healing will come. I hear the services today were wonderful. I hope you were uplifted and sustained. Hugs and love to my two little bugs. I love playing preschool with them!

Marie W said...

Sending love and prayers for you, Spencer, and Lucy. Wes - you fought a good fight, and you and your sweet wife have taught us (though far away) so much along the way. We miss you.

E.Maxine.Wright said...

I love you, Lori. I've never met you but am in awe of you and your family. My husband, Jacob, was in the MPA program with Wes and worked on a project with him. We are both grateful to have been observers in this journey, as we have learned much about determination, faith, and true love. My husband attended the funeral today and said he wept crocodile tears, not from sadness, but because of the love he felt in the room and the absolutely tangible presence of heaven there today. Your influence is far reaching and you will be in our thoughts and prayers for years to come. Jacob and Emilie Wright

GreenPhoenix said...

Lori, you and your sweet little ones are in our prayers. I'm glad to know that Wes fought a good fight and came off conqueror. Jennifer and I have gained such strength from following your blog. You are an inspiration to us.
-Jacob Harmon

Leah Southwick said...

Lori, you and Wes are two of the most amazing people I have ever known. I have been blessed by knowing you both. The funeral was beautiful. You were beautiful. God bless you and keep you.

Rachel and Jared said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers...and so are your precious children!

Megan said...

I'm so sorry Lori! You and Wes are two of the best people I know! My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Love you!

Elder Ernest Elliott said...

I was so surprised and saddened when I first heard about what your family was going through.(I am a friend of Wes' from many years ago.) However, I have been so touched by your thoughts on your blog. You are an inspirational woman and your influence for good is far beyond anything you could imagine. I am so grateful for your example and will continue to have your sweet family in my prayers. I am most sure that Heavenly Father will continue to bless you abundantly.

Erin Wallace said...

I love you Lori. I recently told Michelle...you are an angel. Thank you for who you are. My thoughts and prayers are with you...and I can not wait to see you again (hopefully sooner than later).

erica said...

lori, i have not stopped thinking of you. you are constantly in my prayers.
thank you, thank you for your perfect example. you are an angel. there is simply not a better word to describe you.

love you.

Katie Hutson said...

Lori, your family is in our prayers. Your family is wonderful and is such an example of faith and love. So sorry for your loss. May God bless you and your beautiful children. Love, Katie Hutson (Gibbon, apt 21) and family

ericareynolds said...

Just wanted to let you know how sorry I am for your loss. You are loved and prayed for at the Reynolds home.

Haylee said...

Matt is starting to say his own prayers. Last night he said, "Pees bless Lori, and Lucy, and Spencer, and Spencer, and Spencer." --We pray for you at LEAST 5 times a day at our house, and it is catching on for Matt, but this time Spencer is getting the extra blessings! Sure love you!

rachel said...

Hi Lori
It's been a long time since I worked with you at BYU,but I wanted to express my condolences. Love that picture of the Nauvoo temple and your bright hope. I am in awe.I hope and pray you feel your Savior's love stronger than ever.
Much love, admiration and tears,

Rachel Morris

DeAnna Packer said...

Wes was a Master of taking care of the ‘little things’.... little courtesies that made one feel special....little kindnesses that showed respect.... little thoughtful acts that made life interesting...the little acknowledgments that made challenging days brighter. He was always ready with a little help. He carried with him a little humor to ease contention, a little empathy to sooth a pain, a little understanding for the misguided....a little “I love you too” in response to an “I love you, Wes”
I love you Wes, Mom Packer