I thought maybe this year I could avoid writing a million posts documenting our holidays. "Catch-Up" is always such a daunting task. Why not just move on to the new year and call it good!? ? !! ???? !
Because I can't.
Bother.
But I won't draw it out like I usually do. Just a few ridiculously long posts and we'll call it good.
Deal?
Deal.
Let's start with lights. Wouldn't you have been impressed if I had hung Christmas lights on my house???!
I didn't. Wes's best friend Ryan came and did it for me. That was a lot of work.
We were so grateful!
And we finally got our little Christmas tree in the living room lit!
(Thanks to CJ and Eric's help on the day of our furnace fiasco!)
And speaking of friends...
I love these girls and I loved our little Christmas gathering. Really loved it.
But back to lights:
We loved these ones from Vicky! Yum! And temple square:
Always fabulous!
So was our first time witnessing the Santa Run (go Heather!)...
...and Provo's Light Parade.
(While on center street, we tried to find our 2008 picture at....the...sandwich place. What is that place called, friends??)
(We never found it. But the cute girls at the counter hooked us up with some free hot chocolate, so we had warm hands during the *cold* parade!)
After the parade we dined at CPK. Royce remembered that it's Lucy's favorite. She made sure she brought every last crust home.
Besides that fun Provo evening with the Seversons, we spent a few minutes before our trip to Vegas at the Wilk. Nothing says December to me like cougar blue Christmas lights and an almost deserted BYU campus.
Happy New Year, friends! Hope your holidays were great!


9 comments:
Hooray for catch up posts! But is that sandwich place called Sensuous Sandwich? And I agree, there's something nice about the deserted campus and blue lights. :)
I, too, love BYU campus at Christmas. (Although it kind of gives me a stressful tightness in my chest like I have a research paper to hurry up and finish.) And I wish we had those big, colorful lights on our house!
Love those faces. Didn't get enough over the holidays and miss you already.
I love your catch up posts... or any posts :) Can't wait to see more!
Yea for Ryan putting up your lights!
LOVED seeing Heather dressed for the Santa run! Thanks for posting that :)
And is the sandwhich place Gandolfo's?
It is Sensous Sandwich: http://sensuoussandwich.com/ and you get a shirt and your photo on the wall if you eat a 24" sub in 30 minutes or less. I've wanted to do that challenge (but am too cowardly) and admire Ryan for doing so (and for braving the cold and hanging those lights!
As always, cute pictures of all of you! Lilly gets SO excited when she sees your Christmas lights out of our garage window when we are going or coming! Thanks for her smiles! :)
Oh yes...I LOVE sensuous sandwich! I remember that day in 2008...as does Ryan, I'm sure :) So good to see and talk with you in Vegas
Typo... ;-) Hi Lori! Happy New Year! I need your snail mail address! And maybe we can hook up in July, we are coming your way!!! love
Post a Comment