A happy reunion with friends...
including smother baby E time.
and eat fresh CA strawberries time.
and chum with long lost friend Jeanine time.
etc.
A happy reunion with the beach...
including feel so many human emotions time.
what I saw (and loved):
what I remembered (and loved):
then:
now:
(HOW???!!!!)
what I w a n t e d:
which goes, I know, without saying.
but can I please still say it?
because my fingers still have that whiskered jaw line memorized.
and my soul still aches for the gap to be closed.
the time paid.
the wait over.
the separation forgotten.
i try my best not to let the ache cloud the beauty of the present.
"my best" is usually not good enough.
but often - OFTEN - my best is mercifully augmented.
and the beauty makes its way through...
A beautiful Day One beach moment:
Lucy, happily carrying a favorite sea shell back to the cabin. Spencer, spotting and grabbing another shell from the sand, r a c i n g after her, hollering, "Lucy! Lucy! You missed one!!!!!!"
I thought she might give him a "don't you know there are a millions shells on the beach" brush off. But I can still hear her excited, sincere, "Thanks, Spud!!!" bouncing out to the ocean.
And then, a happy bedtime routine.
Them...
Us...
including the Martinelli's sampling event.
one tablespoon of each flavor in a fresh cup.
royce insisted.
what were some of the options?
I don't even remember.
kiwi, mango, watermelon....?
they were all weird tasting.
there's definitely a reason that grape and apple are the flavors sold nation wide.
I love these friends.
Never a dull moment (or a tainted flavor=).


2 comments:
Oh the cups and cups of Martinelli's. That was an adventure :) And that Lucy loves the beach more than anyone I've seen--and it makes me happy.
Of course it goes without saying. But of course we want you to say it. Hearing you express the longings of your heart helps me to feel connected to you and makes me want to focus on each moment more than I currently do. They are happy memories, but heart-tugging memories (hard for me to go to the beach and not see Royce and Wes wrestling on the sand mound). Love you!
Post a Comment