Lucy and Spencer and I were blessed to visit M and M and L last year during Spring Break and doubly blessed to go again this year. Lots of magic added to the basket of shared memories.
Beach magic...
Finding treasure in the sand.
There forever hand in hand,
Our children.
How they laugh (*cheesestick!*)
She has never laughed like this.
Every waking moment bliss,
Our children.
See them running down the beach.
Children run so fast,
Toward the future,
from the past.
How they dance,
Unembarrassed and alone.
Hearing music of their own,
Our children.
One so fair, and the other, lithe and dark.
Solemn joy and sudden spark,
Our children.
Our children. (Ragtime)
There was Pool and Playground Magic...
(Including a scavenger hunt)
(Also including this dragon Spencer loved. We'd just seen How to Train Your Dragon 2 before the trip and Spencer must have felt just like Hiccup atop the purple beast. I watched him for a minute and then told him I was headed over to check on Lucy across the park. As I walked away, I saw Spud lean in close, whispering to the dragon. I paused, trying to overhear his comments, but Spencer noticed me eavesdropping and shooed me away, "Go ahead, Mom, go ahead." It was a private conversation, I suppose.)
Kite Flying Magic...
Candy Store Magic...
Mountain Trails Magic...
Souvenir Magic... (!)
And the magic of so many sweet little moments...
(Lizzie in Lucy's dress)
(even the coming and going =)


THANK YOU, friends!!
















































4 comments:
Loved this! So glad you had a good trip - and such magical pictures - and words!
Oh you captured the magic so well. I'm glad you guys were able to have a fun trip! (And I'm just dying to know what Spencer whispered to the dragon!)
Simply magical....simply enchanting...simply grand!
Wow...you have a lot of really nice pictures in this post! Looks like it was so much fun!!!
Post a Comment