As tomorrow begins the busiest two weeks of my work season, I feel inclined to savor these summer memories: 

"Shu-we do some chalks, Mom?Ok."
Smoothies...
"I'd like a special smoothie drink" quoth Lucy on practically a daily basis. Our freezer has been a chest of berry treasure this summer.
Swimming time...
Swimming time...
(and towel snuggling!)
and the fun of so many dear friends.
Stickers...
Shadows...
Sheer exhaustion...


Swings...

SO much summer fun!!!













14 comments:
And.....Oh, such memories. Thanks for letting us share in this beautiful "Pursuit of Happiness". We have found great 'Joy in the Journey'!!! dwp
what a great post lori.. aren't summers great! i have come to the time in my life though where it is nice for the kids to go back to school:) little lucy is such a doll!! you take such fun pictures.. i love your blog! oh and good luck the next couple of weeks with your job!
I echo your feeling. I am going to miss my short sweet summer too! Didn't we all have such a good time! We love you Provo Trumans!
Carry on!
Love this post! Your pictures are all so wonderful! There's nothing like summer!! Hope the next couple crazy weeks go quickly and smoothly! love you guys!
Good Luck with training and check ins! As crazy as these weeks are, they are the ones I will miss the most. There's nothing like the girl talk that goes on at Spring Haven! Don't have too much fun without me :)
Lori, good luck with all the check-ins, etc. Loved the post (and the title--gotta love Nat King Cole!)
so much more fun then my uneventful summer!! Well, if you call knee surgery and moving eventful? Cute pics!
oh good luck with work! I am feeling the pull of saying goodbye to summer as well...but mine won't be officially over until Sept. 6...are you going to have any time to see me? i know you will--and we'll be busy with check in stuff also :)
mom and dad - love to you!
rach - School days! I"m sure I'll be looking forward to the fall for that very reason in a few years :) Hope your kids have fun!
lu - YES. Such a fun summer this was! Good luck to you this fall!
phoebe - thanks for the well wishes! Hope summer wraps up wonderfully for your family!
brooke - can't tell you how much we'll miss you at Spring Haven! That wooden kitchen table has been the host of such fabulous conversation! GOOD LUCK with your move!
Jeanine - thanks for being with me on the Nat King Cole :)
Kate - moving and surgery DO count as eventful, just not as FUN!
Amy - Can't WAIT to see you!!! We'll find time!
Ah...it's been a great one--can't believe it's ending! I really liked that cute pic of Blaine and Lucy with their heads together!
Great post! We miss you guys already and are very happy we can still keep in touch through the blogs! Thanks for letting us be a part of your summer!
Danny and Anna
Anne - love that pic too. Got another one, so cute, that I need to send you!
Danny and Anna! - so glad to hear from you and know that you're safely progressing on your journey!!
Oh Lori...you are my blog mentor/exemplar/most amazing in the world! Love love love your pictures! The shadow pic is so cool! You so caught the essence of being young and playing with shadows! Can't believe summer is gone! Good luck with the next few weeks!
....A N D, everytime I look at the pic of Wes and Lucy laying on the slide, I have to laugh out loud... Soooo funny! I want that in my art gallery!! dwp
Post a Comment