Too much fun.
Lucy calls the spray-painted DI picnic basket her "basket full of beautiful things."
Along with DI dresses (which I embellished with a few fun novelties), there are some real treasures. My dear mom donated a mink stole, a few darling vintage purses, some fabulous jewelry, scarfs, and so much more. The result: endless possibilities. We've only scratched the surface: 
And it's all been very serious: the lifting of long skirts, the application and reapplication of jewelry, the posing. Lucy had only one question:
"Where will be the prince?"
I told her she could borrow mine. But that may have been a bad move. A few days ago, after Wes and I shared a little smooch, I said to Lucy who was watching us, "I like kissing your Daddy. Did you know he's my prince?" To which Lucy responded, "Hmmmm. He's mine."
Hmmmm.




15 comments:
Aren't dress-ups the best! I spent hours of my young little life in too-long pink dresses and tacky silver and gold heels. I loved it all so much.
Oh man, I loooove that. Can I come play?
Would you believe that just the other day, I had the thought, "I want to make a great dress-up box for my kids one of these days" -- now I know exactly how to do it :) Only mine will need a few more pirate hats, lassos, bandanas...you get the idea.
You are such a fun, thoughtful mother, Lori. And that little princess is just darling!
Way cute and I love the creative ideas you seem to produce. Perhaps that will be a summer project for me, making two different dress up boxes...girls and boys (althought I bet the girls will be played with the most by both of them). Next time we see you, I would love a list of things that you put in there.
That is a fun idea. I probably never would have thought of it, especially since we never dressed up much as kids. The closest I remember to it was carrying around toy weapons that sometimes had some sort of carrying case I could wear (bow and arrows, hatchet, knife, various guns). Everything else was entirely imagined.
Happy birthday to Lucy! What a great idea for such a creative little girl! Hours of fun, I am sure. Good luck sharing your prince!
Oh to have a little girl would be so much fun!!! I love the idea of the dress-up basket. Perfect.
And I'll volunteer William to be Lucy's prince ;)
Been waiting to see the picts! (Guess Spud won't quite do as Prince Charming yet)
Too cute!
Ooh, a little competition for the prince! I love the dress-up basket and wish I'd thought of making something like that for Kaia. Of course, maybe it's not too late. Every time I think she's growing out of the dress-up phase, it makes a major resurgence.
Such a cute funny little girl. I love her face in that last picture bottom right.
Hahaha! Sounds like you've got some competition, Lori. :) I love reading your blog. It always makes me smile, and reading about you and your sweet kiddies makes me even more excited to be a mom. I love you guys.
How cute! I love the basket of beautiful things.
What a darling idea, Lori!!! I am so going to make Julia a "box of beautiful things" someday... :D
Post a Comment