Early December brought loads of snow!!
Lucy, of course, thought it was all very wonderful.
Grandpa Packer brought an icicle indoors one afternoon and I rehearsed for Lu how my childhood friend and I used to knock icicles carefully down from the roof with our shovels and then pretend for hours that they were magic crystals. (Sometime during my retelling I wondered to myself when winter lost it's enchantment for me. I think it was the first time I had to scrape ice off of a car.)
There was plenty of magic indoors as well. We got away with limited decor this year because Grandma Truman had a gorgeous tree! We spent as much time as possible enjoying it's lit-up loveliness and Spencer redecorated it every chance he got, so we feel like we did, in fact, have the Christmas tree experience.
Then there was the December afternoon at Old Navy when Lucy talked me into buying her a four dollar "candy cane" shirt. She wore it for about four days in a row.
(Never mind the non-matching socks. Never mind.)
But why didn't she wear it to our HA Christmas party to look festive on Santa's lap? No idea.
And why didn't I take the time to turn on my flash when taking these pictures? No idea.
But the memory of Spencer so excited to see Santa makes up for it.
Ice on the car or no, December is a marvelous month.



4 comments:
I love how Spencer looks so content on Santa's lap!
This is what I've been waiting for. So glad to get the catch-up.
Love the video at the end!
And it's a good thing that winter holds some magic for the little ones... at least they can enjoy it!
Oh the magic of Christmas!
Post a Comment