Love this collection of days, Lori. I hope you got some good peaches -- mine have all been horribly disappointing this season. You take lovely pics, what kind of camera do you use?
Those peaches look delicious! I am somewhat jealous, as peaches are not nearly so plentiful or cheap on the east coast. Anna and I brought some canned peaches from my parent's house in southern Utah, but we are rationing those out for the cold winter ahead. :) Eat some extra peaches for us!
Heather! We actually had a change of plans and are NOT in Vegas this week! :) I remember being there with you and Heath and Amy and Nations...that was a fun road trip. Except when I was trying REALLY hard not to bawl my eyes out because of Wes leaving :)
Em - Our camera is a Kodak AF 3x (no idea what that means, actually) Wes got the cam for my birthday. It's nothing fancy - but it works well. I am sincerely, sincerely sorry about your poor peaches! Especially because you come from good peach territory and know what peaches are supposed to taste like!
Danny - we will certainly savor a few bites for you guys! Hope that your bottled variety will make it through the cold east cost months!
Ah...Peach Days, canning Peaches by the bushel, Peach Day Parades in Brigham.....(Loved that pic of R. Dee Packer as Jr. Peach King) Remembering that my grandfather John Franklyn and two other Civic Leaders Bowring started Peach Days in Brigham City ..... Ah nostalgia dwp
ps....RDP tried this delicious recipe and said: "This is a keeper! Get her recipe....or, should we go to Provo and see if there is any left over" :) Lori, you hit the happy spot with Gramps!
Tanya - I'll pass your kind compliments on to Lucy :) Wish our cute girls could play together!
Mom - tell dad to get down here! We'll make him his very own batch!
Heath - some day. some day. (Although I AM surprised that you still haven't gone digital! :)
Abby - my creativity sure doesn't top that dress you just re-made. I'm still gaping about that...!
Jeanine - we considered making a peach PIE instead of cobbler. But...too much work! I don't know how you do it, girl!
Carrie - it does seem unjust, doesn't it - that I, who cannot can at all, have an access to abundant amounts of peaches, and you, who can can beautifully, do not. Wish you could visit and share!
Lori your posts ALWAYS bring whatever your describing so vivid!! My mouth is watering as I type!! Have only had a few good peaches this season...the ones I bought at Wal-Mart just didn't cut it!! What darling pictures as always!! love you guys
I'm with Abby....how do you come up with all of your darling posts. You truly have some talent girl!! Lucy, is so darling and you are capturing her little personality so perfectly.... Ahhhh, those fresh peaches. They look delicious. Love you all.
Brent's Memorial day prayer before our BBQ at Grandpa's (too cold to swim!) pool
Mark's immediate offer to parallel park my car at the busy cemetary on Memorial day
Bruch with dear friends/old roommates! Thanks for tending, Royce!
The sweet friends who checked on us when we didn't show up at church (because of colds)
The way Wes's oversized fleece sweatshirt feels at the end of a long day
The wonderful neighbors who picked up Lucy from school when I couldn't find my car keys!
The feeling of spring breezing through the windows
Christmas shopping with my big sisters!
Lucy's daily choice of colorful, non-matching clothes
The sound of Lucy reading Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus to Spencer
Fixed sprinklers! Thanks Dad!!
Quote Wall
Spencer (first words upon entering Mom's room in the morning): "Mom? How old are I?" Mom:"Three." "Three?" Spencer repeated blankly, "Still three?" 6/24/12
Spencer (during family night scripture stories, feeling concern for Abinadi'd death by fire): "I...I would just (quick hand motions + sound effects) smash that fire right out! If I had Mantis (think: Kung Fu Panda 2) 9/10/12
16 comments:
I love it Lori!!!
Hope you are having fun in Las Vegas!!! You definitely have a way of capturing the cutest pictures of your family.
Love this collection of days, Lori. I hope you got some good peaches -- mine have all been horribly disappointing this season. You take lovely pics, what kind of camera do you use?
Those peaches look delicious! I am somewhat jealous, as peaches are not nearly so plentiful or cheap on the east coast. Anna and I brought some canned peaches from my parent's house in southern Utah, but we are rationing those out for the cold winter ahead. :) Eat some extra peaches for us!
Heather! We actually had a change of plans and are NOT in Vegas this week! :) I remember being there with you and Heath and Amy and Nations...that was a fun road trip. Except when I was trying REALLY hard not to bawl my eyes out because of Wes leaving :)
Em - Our camera is a Kodak AF 3x (no idea what that means, actually) Wes got the cam for my birthday. It's nothing fancy - but it works well. I am sincerely, sincerely sorry about your poor peaches! Especially because you come from good peach territory and know what peaches are supposed to taste like!
Danny - we will certainly savor a few bites for you guys! Hope that your bottled variety will make it through the cold east cost months!
Yum, peaches! I miss fresh peaches. Love this post, it's so cute, and I can never get over how beautiful your little girl is!
Ah...Peach Days, canning Peaches by the bushel, Peach Day Parades in Brigham.....(Loved that pic of R. Dee Packer as Jr. Peach King) Remembering that my grandfather John Franklyn and two other Civic Leaders Bowring started Peach Days in Brigham City ..... Ah nostalgia
dwp
ps....RDP tried this delicious recipe and said: "This is a keeper! Get her recipe....or, should we go to Provo and see if there is any left over" :) Lori, you hit the happy spot with Gramps!
I wish I had a digital camera and could take cute pictures of cute kids and put them on my blog (and adults--I'm not saying you guys aren't cute).
could you be any more creative! How do you come up with this stuff! Those last 2 pictures of wes and lucy and you and lucy are the cutest!!
Loved this post! You have a way of capturing moments perfectly. and I love that your dad was jr. peach king! :)
I want some peaches!!! This is the first year in many that I'm not canning, too expensive and can't on my stove. I'm jealous beyond belief!
Tanya - I'll pass your kind compliments on to Lucy :) Wish our cute girls could play together!
Mom - tell dad to get down here! We'll make him his very own batch!
Heath - some day. some day. (Although I AM surprised that you still haven't gone digital! :)
Abby - my creativity sure doesn't top that dress you just re-made. I'm still gaping about that...!
Jeanine - we considered making a peach PIE instead of cobbler. But...too much work! I don't know how you do it, girl!
Carrie - it does seem unjust, doesn't it - that I, who cannot can at all, have an access to abundant amounts of peaches, and you, who can can beautifully, do not.
Wish you could visit and share!
Lori your posts ALWAYS bring whatever your describing so vivid!! My mouth is watering as I type!! Have only had a few good peaches this season...the ones I bought at Wal-Mart just didn't cut it!! What darling pictures as always!! love you guys
Um---PRESH.
I'm with Abby....how do you come up with all of your darling posts. You truly have some talent girl!! Lucy, is so darling and you are capturing her little personality so perfectly.... Ahhhh, those fresh peaches. They look delicious. Love you all.
I tried this recipe yesterday--super good!
Post a Comment