Clusters of Crocus?
Popcorn popping?
My daughter trailing my dad through the garden (the way I did as a girl), scrutinizing all the signs of new life?
Spring sunshine slowly turning brown grass green, glowing between the shadows of still-bare branches (always reminds me of stained glass windows. Wes tells me he can't see it.)?
I think I was most tempted to submit this exchange of spring treasures:
Oh, and what about the blossom castle Lucy lovingly created last year as a haven for fairies?

What about that?
I just really couldn't choose!
But there are some gorgeous choices! Go vote!
The world itself keeps Easter Day;
And Easter Larks are singing
And Easter Flowers are blooming
And Easter buds are springing
ALLELUIA, ALLELUIA
John M. Neale
(I'm in the middle of writing a picture book about this so delightful spring evening in Grandpa's backyard. It's called Through the Fence. Ok, I'm not. But someday...)
What about that?
I just really couldn't choose!
But there are some gorgeous choices! Go vote!
The world itself keeps Easter Day;
And Easter Larks are singing
And Easter Flowers are blooming
And Easter buds are springing
ALLELUIA, ALLELUIA
John M. Neale




9 comments:
You should have entered at least half of them! You could have entered one under your name, one under Wes's name, one under each of the kids names . . . See how easy it could be to manipulate the system? Except then you might not win because all the votes would be divided between the pictures.
I can see the stained-glass. And I can't wait for your book to be published!
Write your books! I want to read them!
Lori, you're an awesome photographer. What kind of camera do you use? And how did you learn to take pictures like that?! :)
Lori, you're an awesome photographer. What kind of camera do you use? And how did you learn to take pictures like that?! :)
Oh you should have entered!!!!
I can see the stained glass.
And you should write a book. I still vote for you writing an Easter book... still haven't found one I'm happy with!
thanks for all the kind words, friends!
Katie: Wes got me a fancy camera for my birthday in September (a Canon PowerShot SX10IS)...but all these photos were taken last spring with my little old point and shoot Kodak Easy Share C743 (And my only photography success comes from a "take a million and one is bound to turn out" philosophy =)
Jeanine: I haven't either!!! I'm going to post about that next week!
Lori,
This is Amanda, you might not remember me, I was friends with Heather and we were in the violin program together...
Anyway, I always read your blog and love your perspective and and strength.
I actually have a few questions for you about working as an RA at BYU. Do you still do that? My husband and I are coming back, and I just wondered about how it all works.
I know life is busy, so just if you have time, I will send you my main questions. My email is amanda.talbot and then it's @gmail
Thanks!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fence picture. I totally would have voted for yours, beautiful!! It seems that your picture taking just keeps getting better.
I love all the pictures, but my absolute favorite is your dad holding Lucy. I think that is indescribably sweet that he is carrying on traditions with his granddaughter that he had with you.
Post a Comment