Which means no more snuggly sleeping in mornings =) And which kind of means "now or never" as far as catching up our blog record! So here's a huge crash posting of the past three months or so...with minimal commentary =)
Dr. Seuss Day
All the traditional silliness with the addition of two fun new towels I found on clearance at Christmastime =)
St. Patrick's Day
Traditional fruit rainbow and pot of gold dinner which almost didn't happen because we didn't leave school until 6 and we still had to grocery shop and cook and blah blah blah. But it made for a fun, if late, FHE!
Third Grade Picnic...to say goodbye to Lucy's much loved teacher who was hired as the director of Y-Serve!! (Awesome!!!)
Lucy poured her (understandably broken) heart into helping me plan a picnic in Mr. C's honor. She illustrated a darling invitation (with each of her classmates represented), helped me bake and frost a million Y cookies, etc, etc, and we all had a wonderfull time!
(Lucy feels like she has a little sister in Aubree. I love these little athletes!)
Smile. But the best days of my life were Conference days.
So fun to have girls night out for the Women's broadcast!
But nothing quite tops curling up for hours of inspiration and insight within the comfort of your own home. =)
My clever neighbor gave us this matching game as a Christmas gift! My kids LOVE IT. So much more fun than the cardstock "prophet cards" we used to make and then lose and then make and then lose (but I love both the little Lucy and Wes voices in those videos =).
After each session, Spencer added the apostles who spoke to the fireplace. When contemplating whether or not to add Pres. Uchtdorf, I said, "Well, he hasn't actually given his talk yet."
Spencer was deterred for only a moment. "Can we put him on for great conducting?!" he asked enthusiastically.
Such beautiful talks. Every one. Two nights ago when I was laying by Spencer, he said to me, "Mom, I liked Elder Holland's talk last Saturday." I smiled a, oh that's cute but he can't be serious smile, but my eyebrows soon raised in surprise as he perfectly recounted Elder H's beginning story of the two missionaries who were spat upon, including the one who wanted to go back and say, "Excuse me?!" and didn't. My surprise only lasted a minute, though - who can help but listen to Elder Holland?!
So glad to have these two little companions, learning and listening along side me. =)


































6 comments:
1. You are amazing to still make holidays so special even though you're sooo busy!
2. I love Spencer's "Are you feeling green?" note. Ha!
3. I have no idea what Y-serve is, but that is super sad (for the kids). Will he stay through the end of the year at least? I'm sure it's a great opportunity for him, but I've heard how great he's been for Lucy so I'm sad for her.
Great documentation Love...
I love the picture story of your life. What a wonderful example for all of us. I am so glad to see Nauvoo framed. How I hope I can live up to my heritage and my posterity!
I was thinking the exact same things as Heather. You amaze me that even with the craziness of your life you make holidays so special! I have been LOVING all these updates!
Looks like you have been doing more for some holidays than we have been lately. I also don't know what Y-serve is, but it is always sad to say good-bye to teachers you especially love (or anyone else for that matter).
Oh you are awesome! Watching you and seeing your sweet kids has given me an example to follow when I'm loving my own sweet kids! Love you!
Post a Comment